Archinect
anchor

Rainmakers Share Your Tips

b3tadine[sutures]

Here's where I suffer; I am not entirely sure how to go out and get work. I am thinking, that perhaps, I could door to door and actively solicit, kind of like an old time salesman, but I am not sure. Another thought was to come up with design sketches, and bring them to businesses, showing them a better way of doing things. And another idea of course would be to send letters to commercial, retail, medical and property development companies describing the services I can provide.

What are some of your ways of making it rain, short of shorty throwin' Benjamins in the air, and waiting for the opportunities to drop on you?

Peace and love, peace and love.

Nov 13, 10 8:10 am
binary

have a nice unique business card.... not paper.... metal/plastic/etc...

thats how i mananged to get most of my work...

Nov 13, 10 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

yeah, metal with unfinished edges. That way they bleed every time they reach for it.

Nov 13, 10 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
binary
b3tadine[sutures]

Yeah, you're right, perhaps it would have been easier to ask people to do your work for you, and allow you to take all the credit. Extension cords? Yeah, that'll be on my amazon wishlist.

Nov 13, 10 6:12 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

yeah, i'll file it next to the other books about me. it's okay, i know that you unhappy hipsters are sad about the lack of pbr and other things white people like going in the 60% off section at borders...

Nov 13, 10 7:38 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

I love your entrepreneurial spirit b3. No idea if that would work or not. We are at the age of mature democratic capitalism. All of the roles in society have been well defined. Door-to-door approach smells of different, simpler times. Perhaps 'the dream' never really existed...

I don't want to discourage you. I'd never have the balls to do it myself, but this world needs more visionaries.

....showing them a better way of doing things.

Be careful with that one. A lot of the crap you see around you is a result of carefully considered compromises. To be fair, a lot of 'product' around us had little to no thought process put into it. There is room for improvement everywhere. Know your audience. Which is hard when you do cold calls.

The only thing that's worse than insulting intelligence of a smart person is insulting intelligence of a really dumb one.

The later you have clearly done to 'emergency exit wound'. Ha!

Nov 13, 10 7:38 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

ER exit: good times! I want a chapter in your book as well (as long as someone proofreads the trainwrecks you consider to be sentences).

Why can't we just be friends?

Like this:

rusty style!

Nov 14, 10 2:36 am  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

She's obviously a bottom plug.

Nov 14, 10 2:50 am  · 
 · 
Rusty!

Unicorn, you have no imagination.

Nov 14, 10 3:02 am  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

I would like to see some real avant-gard-ism here. She needs to have a huge strap on female-to-male connector... at least 0000 gauge.

And, i'd like it to look something like this.

Also, maybe the addition of some stuffed large game animals hanging on the wall.... and a thin layer of ground meat spread all over the floor.

Nov 14, 10 3:07 am  · 
 · 
Rusty!

The problem with pink, at least in architectural circles, is that you immediately think of this:

Nov 14, 10 3:22 am  · 
 · 
Rusty!

complete and utter fail on my part. yay to brandy.

More cheeses! More brandy!

Nov 14, 10 3:23 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: