Archinect
anchor

Holiday parties / holiday vacation days

Since it's getting to that time of year I was just curious as to:

1: what is your office Holiday party like?
2: what & how many vacation days are you given this year with x-mas landing on a Saturday?

Nov 11, 04 4:00 pm
stephanie

i haven't been to a holiday party, but we are going to a lodge, playing in the snow/snoeshoeing/skiing/sitting by the fire drinking hot chocolate, eating, drinking, and being merry. they said something about an orchestra. and i think we are staying in yurts. typical idaho stuff.

i think we have thursday and friday off before christmas.

Nov 11, 04 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
archiTEKE

WERE LISTENING TO npr IN THE OFFICE TODAY
ITS A BUSH SMASHING PARTY!!!

Nov 11, 04 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
archiTEKE

VETS DAY

Nov 11, 04 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
J3

hmmm...2 parties 1 for our DC office and the other for he Bmore office (everyone invited) + we get off (work that is) Fri. 24th Dec.
Don't really know (1st xmass at this office) what the mood is, but I've heard there is lots of drinking and sketchy behavior.
example of next years:
·Monday, January 3 -- New Year’s Day, since it falls on a Saturday
·Monday, May 30 – Memorial Day
·Monday, July 4 – Independence Day
·Monday, September 5 – Labor Day
·Thursday, November 24 -- Thanksgiving
·Friday, November 25 – The Day After Thanksgiving
·Friday, December 23 – Christmas Eve, since it falls on a Saturday
·Monday, December 26 – Christmas Day, since it falls on a Sunday

Nov 11, 04 5:02 pm  · 
 · 
threshold

1. Holiday Party - Diner party at a very nice restaurant in conjunction with boss’s dad’s construction firm. It is actually fun to hang out with the guys who are building our work. Typical holiday drink to much and wonder what stupid things were said in front of everyone scene...

2. Days Off- We are taking the Friday before both Christmas and New Years off.

Nov 12, 04 12:20 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: