Archinect
anchor

A new 3D real-time studio for architects

Parker.P

Hello guys,

One of my contact show me this website. It as a new 3d software espacially made for architects! It sounds very great, but I'm waiting for a demo version.

The website: www.therenderingkiller.com

Sep 24, 10 9:39 am
zen maker

Looks like the use game engine technology, but it is more appropriate for landscape architects...

Sep 25, 10 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

Will this do real-time unbiased brute force raytracing?

Sep 25, 10 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

I WAS WANDERING IF IT CAN DO SHAG CARPET?

Sep 25, 10 6:16 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

i want to be ready for the next big reinvention of shag carpeting, just in case your wondering.

Sep 25, 10 6:16 pm  · 
 · 
Mission St.

kinda looks like they're using the Crysis engine. (www.crytek.com)

i wasted a couple months a while back trying to get stuff from Rhino to Crysis (via 3dsMax and a few other painful hoops i forget). it was just waaaay to difficult.

if someone's figured out an easier way to accomplish this translation, from whatever normal modeling software to Crysis... shit could get interesting.

the quality is definitely not as good as maxwell (or vray, mental ray, arion, fry, whatever), but goddamn, it's definitely not bad for real-time.

plus, if you can pull out a grenade launcher and destroy the building... while the client is blah-blah-blah-ing you over your shoulder... that'd be pretty sweet.

Sep 27, 10 3:06 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: