Archinect
anchor

Canadian in Rio.

jfizzle

Hello,

I'm a Canadian architectural intern with my master's degree in Architecture and about 3 years experience, recently arrived in Rio and hoping to be employed with an Architecture Firm.
My portuguese is very little, but my Spanish is great and French and Italian is good.
Would anyone have any pointers to applying for jobs here? Should I just look for firms and go to the offices and present myself? Or email my portfolio first? Any suggestions for firms I should try? I hear there are some foreign firms set up shop for the upcoming World Cup and Olympics...
Also, trying to figure out accomodations -right now in Santa Teresa which is great but only temporary - would like next spot to be close to the architecture office neighbourhood -- are a lot of the offices in the Centro generally? (Would finding a place in Ipanema or Leblon be too far to commute?)
Any advice would be extremely helpful!

muito obrigada!

Sep 20, 10 10:51 pm
sanguebom

Cariocas are typically pretty accomodating. Stopping by and dropping your portfolio/work samples may not be a bad idea. You can always email of course. I've never had to find work there so I don't know for sure but let's just say people are......different in general.

Sep 21, 10 4:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: