Archinect
anchor

Construction trade magazine: related to construction, budget and dispute

cmrhm

Is there a construction trade magazine Talking about everything related to construction practice? What I want to get deep information is about budgeting, construction technology development, dispute between parties etc.

Sep 16, 10 1:00 pm
gibbost

Building Design+Construction and Professional Builder are both decent publications. Seem to be targeted towards contractors--lots of discussion about contract disputes, scheduling matrix software, and new building methods.

Sep 16, 10 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
Ledoux's Eye

The "Construction Specifier" magazine is outstanding at giving you very in-depth articles on industry trends, construction means, methods, systems and products; current legal issues and great information on building/system and/or product failures from a forensic anaylsis point-of-view.

Sep 16, 10 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
cmrhm

Gibbost: Thanks for the recommendation. I checked both. They covered some interesting topic but don't cover on issues regarding dispute.

Ledoux: I can't find construction sepcifier in the library. hard to see online and search.

Sep 17, 10 11:03 am  · 
 · 
Ledoux's Eye

cmrhm, if you have not already found Construction Specifier, go to csinet.org. That is the website for The Construction Specifications Institute. You can find information on how to get the Construction Specifier magazine at that site.

Sorry it took this long to reply...I have not visited this site for quite some time...obviously.

Dec 27, 10 10:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: