Archinect
anchor

Online applications...

hansdampf

... has anyone ever been hired through one of them? They seem so impersonal, I can't imagine that somebody actually reviews what the people send in...

Aug 25, 10 12:53 pm
swisscardlite

they do, at least at the firm i work at. its primarily to streamline applications so they can be processed easier and in a more efficient way.

Aug 25, 10 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
hansdampf

Oh, that's good to hear - so you obviously got in that way? Do you know if it's a computer that sorts people out or a person? I hate it when I upload my resume and then have to type everything in again afterwards...

Aug 25, 10 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
allSTAR

OMA reviews online applications of every individual diligently. they take long to respond but they certainly go thru every online app.
I don't think corporate firms do the same though. One firm i had applied online to and never heard back. then I sent in a printed application thru a guy who worked there and got an interview call in a couple days !

Aug 25, 10 11:04 pm  · 
 · 
hansdampf

Right, I also got a response from OMA, but from many others I didn't.

Aug 25, 10 11:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: