Archinect
anchor

Side Work- CAD/Hourly fees

jas

I've been offered to finish up some work on a project that a structural engineer will sign off on therefore not making my non-licensed a$$ liable for the dwgs. I've done a lot of residential work, ie. additions, remodels but they've all had a set fee. How much should i charge to do the CAD work on an hourly basis.

There are additional projects in the horizon with this client.

Nov 8, 04 6:16 pm
kakacabeza

Take your hourly rate at your current job and multiply by 3.

Nov 8, 04 6:30 pm  · 
 · 
Tectonic

#30/HR

Nov 8, 04 6:53 pm  · 
 · 
Bula

Go higher than you think...hourly is good but they will probably want a fixed estimate on your time/$. So bump up the hr$ or the projected time as these type of jobs usually always become some sort of time sapping event....99.9% of mine fall under the major hassle catagory (especially for friends/relatives).

Nov 8, 04 11:59 pm  · 
 · 
pia555

I've been charging 40.00/hr with no complaints. If your just doing drafting work. If your acting as a designer and getting more involved go to 55.00/hour.

Nov 10, 04 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
RqTecT

What you get paid for your Day Job times 4
And charge them when your in the bathroom
thinking about their design.

Nov 10, 04 8:26 pm  · 
 · 
n3ar

When we are really busy, my firm actually pays $75/hour to hire cad drafters.

Nov 11, 04 2:32 am  · 
 · 
slaprabbit

what do you need to be a cad drafter,and how long would u say it would take for one to hear as much as $25/h. i know AutoCad, started in high school second year, and i ve known cad since 1999, i m currently learning Solid Edge in college. Currently a architect student.

Luis R.

Nov 11, 04 6:52 am  · 
 · 
mauOne™

n3ar >>>> i'll draft @ your company anytime, need that kind o' money over here :o)

Nov 11, 04 8:28 am  · 
 · 
slaprabbit

i need experience, does any one offer experience near LA, 35 mins from LA. 25 mins from Pasadena, CA. if so can u please email me.
i m looking for experience, architecture student, first year, i need a feel for the feild.

Nov 13, 04 10:38 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: