Archinect
anchor

IDP hours for second year undergrad?

Jin =)

Hi.
I just completed my second year of undergraduate program in NY, and starting 3rd year this september.
This summer I started internship, and the hour is quiet a lot too waste (it's almost full 3 month as full-time, nonpaid 'yet'), so I started to look up IDP.

Is there anyone who can give me some advise for the process, and how to start?
I'm not even sure if 2nd year student can register IDP..

Thanks!! :)

Aug 9, 10 1:33 pm
Thom Yorke
http://www.ncarb.org/
Aug 9, 10 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
Milwaukee08

I hope you're either working for Frank Gehry or getting school credit for your unpaid internship.

You can earn IDP training hours once you have successfully completed one of the following:

1. Three years in an NAAB-accredited professional degree program;
2. The third year of a four-year pre-professional degree program in architecture accepted for direct entry into a two-year NAAB-accredited professional master’s degree program;
3. One year in NAAB-accredited professional master’s degree program following receipt of a non-professional degree;
4. Ninety-six semester credit hours as evaluated in accordance with the NCARB Education Standard, of which no more than 60 hours can be in the general education category; or
5. A number of years equivalent to the periods set out in 1., 2., or 3. above, in a CACB-accredited professional degree program, or in a Canadian university professional degree program certified by CACB.

Aug 10, 10 12:44 am  · 
 · 

I think that, legally, you can not perform any work that qualifies for IDP credit for your company, when you are an unpaid intern. That is unless your company is a non-profit firm... if they profit from your work and do not pay you... that is called working below the minimum wage, which is illegal.

And to clarify, you are not eligible for IDP until your fourth year of a 5 year professional B. Arch.

Unpaid Internship Rules - New York Times

Aug 10, 10 1:42 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: