Archinect
anchor

Grassi drawings - rendering pens

Monolith

A while back, I finally managed to obtain 'Architecture, dead language' by Giorgio Grassi from my university library after it had been on long term loan. Now that I've had chance to familiarise myself with his drawings, it's clear they're not watercolours as I had suspected from reduced image sizes but have in fact been rendered with a form of marker pen. I have a set of Faber Castell PITT artist pens but on any given paper stock, non of these seem to be able to produce a translucent watercolour effect as Grassi manages to do.

I have worked a fair bit with watercolour but would love to know of the pen sets (or similar) that Grassi uses. Are they unique to Italy or am I missing an obvious trick here!?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Aug 7, 10 9:00 am
holz.box

i ran across some large scale grassi dwgs a few years ago while traveling, and they were pencil renderings...

Aug 7, 10 11:11 am  · 
 · 
Monolith

I have seen some pencil ones but the vast majority seem to rendered with a coloured pen that is translucent much like watercolour. Still no clue what sort of pen i'm looking for.

Aug 9, 10 7:44 am  · 
 · 
smil

hi all,

drawings are colored with COPIC pens.

for any further information regarding Grassi's drawing you can contact me ...

Aug 23, 10 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
Monolith

Hi Smil,

Is there an email address I can contact you on at all?

Thanks.

Aug 24, 10 8:31 pm  · 
 · 
smil
[email protected]

Aug 30, 10 3:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: