Archinect
anchor

Project Kick-Off Meeting Agenda

standaman

I'm about to have my first kick-off meeting for my very first project. Present will be my design team, the local firm (It's a project abroad) and the client. I'm trying to compile a list of all the things to cover during the first meeting, but having never done this I'm probably overlooking tons of important stuff. I know it's gonna be hard to get all these members together in one room often so I want to make sure I cover all the important bases. Does anybody have a thorough sample agenda for a project kick-off meeting?

Aug 5, 10 12:36 pm
Allahtect

scary. have you ever worked at a firm even as an apprentice and been invited to a meeting? a thorough sample agenda?
is this government work / stimulus? scary.
go phish for instant experience somewhere else or give the job to someone who deserves it

Aug 5, 10 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
standaman

Haha. thanks though. I've got experience. Just haven't done a project with another architect in another location before. I know there's gonna be coordination issues that I haven't dealt with before. Just making sure I cover everything I need.

I know, it's scary, but it's a small project and between myself and the local architect I'm sure it won't be the end of the world. The client is a close friend so we've all got an understanding of the situation. You gotta start somewhere right? Hopefully you'll start doing your own work someday and you'll understand what I'm going through. ;)

Aug 5, 10 8:58 pm  · 
 · 
Bruce Prescott

Most important thing should be to set up a framework for future regular communication - conference call/e-mail exchange of drawings or whatever will work.

I would set up the agenda so the client explains the project vision first - you want to get that common ground under you before going into nitty-gritty. It helps for all team members to have common cause.

Having done projects like this, the thing that can trip you up is when people are operating on assumptions, especially regarding schedule: make sure you leave the meeting knowing what submittals will be required for regulatory approval, for example.

Aug 6, 10 1:12 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: