Archinect
anchor

If you absolutely, completely, couldnt...

m22b

be an architect, not loopholes. What would you be?

I would build guitars.

Aug 1, 10 12:24 pm
Rusty!

What is this IF that you speak of? At this point the whole lot of us would rent out our ball-sacks to the highest bidder. No offers. Not yet at least.

Oh wait, you did say no loopholes....

Aug 1, 10 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

a surgeon. or an aircraft test pilot. at the very least i would own my own business.

Aug 1, 10 6:50 pm  · 
 · 
binary

welder or electrician.....

or i would have went into industrial/product design

Aug 1, 10 7:59 pm  · 
 · 
file

Earlier today I was listening to an interview on NPR with a musician in New Orleans who said that for many musicians in N.O. playing music is a "bodily function" even when they can't make a living at it. Kinda reminded me of architecture.

Aug 1, 10 9:17 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

builder of rammed earth walls...

Aug 1, 10 9:19 pm  · 
 · 
plugnpla

I have been thinking this for about a year now. When the F* am I going to work again? Right now I have found myself in business doing remodeling and any other construction jobs that come my way. Its not bad work but its not what I got my Masters for.

Aug 1, 10 10:08 pm  · 
 · 
binary

sorry to say it, but i think more folks should become self employed in the creative sector......

Aug 1, 10 10:31 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

I'd be a designer and business owner...oh, wait, that's what I am...if I absolutely, completely, couldn't do that, then I'd be an architect

Aug 2, 10 8:33 am  · 
 · 
plugnpla

I think someone missed the point.

Aug 2, 10 10:03 am  · 
 · 
On the fence

I'd work for the guvment.

Oh wait.

Aug 3, 10 10:29 am  · 
 · 
jmanganelli

build boat hulls

or

build custom process equipment for factories

Aug 3, 10 10:37 am  · 
 · 
simples

teach history

Aug 3, 10 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
achensch

multimedia artist!

Aug 4, 10 10:15 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

make sure you buy a multimedia computer! With Pentium RAM and soundblaster pro monitor!!!

Aug 4, 10 10:22 pm  · 
 · 
quizzical

Documentary filmmaker

Aug 4, 10 10:30 pm  · 
 · 
aquapura

Start a microbrewery

Aug 5, 10 9:02 am  · 
 · 
Thom Yorke

I'd be the town drunk.

Aug 5, 10 10:00 am  · 
 · 
theFARMER

I'd like to be an astronaut... no wait... a spy.... prob have just as much luck...........

Aug 5, 10 11:25 am  · 
 · 
citizen

Comedy writer

Aug 5, 10 11:26 am  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

independently wealthy

Aug 5, 10 12:19 pm  · 
 · 
cyberpunk10

Investment banker. Even in an epic recession these guys are still raking in the $$$.

Aug 5, 10 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
0L0ID

I would design and build airplanes. preferably small ones, with unusual form factors, in a plant somewhere in the Seattle/Vancouver area, with forests, mountains, and water nearby to test-fly them over. and yes I would test-fly them too:]

Apr 22, 13 8:33 pm  · 
 · 

I'd be an architectural critic.

Apr 22, 13 8:44 pm  · 
 · 
observant

teacher, something health related, or demographer

Apr 22, 13 8:50 pm  · 
 · 
observant

Investment banker. Even in an epic recession these guys are still raking in the $$$. 

This post is about 3 years old, but you have to be cut from a certain cloth to be an investment banker.  A mere love of money will not suffice.

Apr 22, 13 8:56 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

an architectural consultant xDD  ok maybe not.. i never understood these consultants.. its like, "I suck at design or building real work so I'll become a consultant."

hmmm ... To me its not IF anymore... I realized that becoming an architect takes many years of commitment and its not even a guarantee you'll turn out successful or make a living at it unless you plan to work under someone else and get paid mediocre.. There is a good possibility one might fail and not make a living if venturing out on your own is one of your goals.  I have lately gotten into product design and painting as a side job.. I get paid a heck lot more than architecture for sure.  I plan to take this up full-time in the future if my plans don't work out in architecture.  Architecture has become a passion, not about getting rich or living comfortably off it.  Sure its nice if I could, but given the hurdles, I'm not too worried about that.  A second profession allows me to keep practicing architecture without having to worry about the 'what ifs'

Apr 22, 13 9:11 pm  · 
 · 
helenakeys

i never had any interest in medicine... but if i had the chance i would like to be a plastic surgeon... im fascinated by the study of perfection and objective beauty

Apr 23, 13 12:29 am  · 
 · 

1). Crossfit Coach

2). Web Developer

3). Bank Teller

Apr 23, 13 9:37 am  · 
 · 
Anob

1) Lawyer

2) Writer

3) MMA Fighter

4) Navy Seal

Apr 23, 13 11:41 am  · 
 · 
mfischer3387

pilot

Apr 23, 13 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
Rang

movie cinematographer

Apr 23, 13 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
observant

i never had any interest in medicine... but if i had the chance i would like to be a plastic surgeon... im fascinated by the study of perfection and objective beauty

Yeah, I've always been fascinated by it, because growing up in a major metro area, you see the difference plastic surgery can make in people's appearance, and sometimes even their psyche.  It is a highly sought-after service in the largest metro areas.  But, like you, I would not opt to be a MD.

Apr 23, 13 2:05 pm  · 
 · 
Philarct

carpenter, comedian, musician

oh but im not an architect yet...does this count?

Apr 23, 13 2:05 pm  · 
 · 
mfrech

archaeologist.  symptom of countless boyhood viewings of the indiana jones trilogy.

Apr 23, 13 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
w4000

start a art store next to every arch school in the US. charge kiddies with their parents credit card $12 for a 40" x 30" sheet of strathmore. 

Apr 23, 13 5:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: