Archinect
anchor

audits and work payments (they 'say' they are being audited)

AfRoThUnD312

I have a serious question about getting paid from someone that is being audited (they 'say' they are being audited).

when you do work for someone and they say they will pay you and then they say a few months later they are being audited and they can't pay because of the audit, what does that really mean? how does that affect their cash-flow and ability to pay me, the person who did work for them. also, it is for a small amount (under 5k) so basically i feel like i can't do anything about it.

is this just a BS way to tell me that they are not paying me for my work? can I expect to wait this out and then expect it? has this happened to anyone?

thanks

Jul 20, 10 2:48 pm
Purpurina

This sounds like a BS. Did they tell you how long this "audit" is gonna take? They should pay, go after your rights.

Jul 20, 10 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
LB_Architects

An audit simply means they are being investigated. It doesn't necessarily mean they owe money to the government...unless of course they know they were deceptive and know that they will end up paying taxes on income they deviously concealed...in which case, they may just be keeping you at bay because they know they will not be able to afford paying you once the shit hits the fan.

All that said, this shouldn't affect you. You did work for them, and you deserve payment. They need to find a way to legally pay you for work they hired you to complete. I suppose you can take them to small claims court if it comes down to it...but only you can decide if that is worth the effort.

Jul 20, 10 4:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: