Archinect
anchor

My favorite Archinect'ers.

garpike

Don't sweat it. This thread was created 11/06/2004.

Jul 31, 06 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

postal is cool too, but the funny thing is that i have a sneaking suspicion postal is, in fact, a cubs fan

Jul 31, 06 5:36 pm  · 
 · 

gee thanks j, i was starting to wonder if i had any friends on here. however, i think shout-outs to people you actually know in person may not have as much merit here on archinect.

it also nice to see that your dry humor carrys over into the virtual world.

Jul 31, 06 6:53 pm  · 
 · 
archit84

two headed boy part 2.....much better

Jul 31, 06 8:37 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

just $o you know,
i approve all the new addition$. if you want be a part of the world famou$ favorite$ club, ju$t po$t your name, after a brief review for formality, you will be approved. if i am not around, le bo$$man approve$ the name$. no one turned down. we don't di$criminate.
THANK$...

note; if your check is cashed that means you are approved. if your card is charged, that means you are approved. if you send cash you are approved faster.
suggested donation is 20 bucks mini.

***there is an additional 20$ re-consideration fee for bad checks. paypallable to,
vado retro, treasurer.

Jul 31, 06 9:39 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i b caish monay!

Jul 31, 06 9:51 pm  · 
 · 

if he's not already here, orEqual for the F=MA montage on todays physics thread.

Aug 1, 06 7:35 am  · 
 · 
MADianito

i would say Oana S. and im amazed VADO hasn't mentioned her, or anyone else who claim to have a crush on her... but yeah eventhought that she doesnt talk too much around the forums, i think she has one of the best schoolblogs ever... definetly the best one after the first generation of schoolblogers, anyways, respect to miss Oana

Aug 1, 06 8:26 am  · 
 · 
le bossman

lletdownl i have absolutely know idea who you are, but i love you all the same. and j, whose name has a double meaning

Aug 1, 06 10:20 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

hey le bossman, im serious i worked with a friend of yours from U-Mich... random storytime... i worked at a firm in the south loop of chicago for about a year, last summer, a guy who had recently graduated from U-Mich started, he saw me on archinect one day and said 'le bossman' was his friend, possibly former room mate? anyway, the firm really sucked, he stayed MAYBE a month before taking off somewhere better, his name escapes me, but what a small world

Aug 1, 06 10:38 am  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

steven ward, thanks. i feel pretty honored there. i've got to tell you, you're one of my favorite folks on here, as well. your comments always seem measured, reasoned and insightful. and the comments you made on one of my projects last semester was a huge help.

Aug 1, 06 10:44 am  · 
 · 
le bossman

oh...yeah he never told me that. his name was mike, wasn't it? i know where you were working.

Aug 1, 06 10:47 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

yes! mike... thats it, yeah, that place was tough... glad i got out

Aug 1, 06 11:11 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I think Steven Ward and FrankLloydMike are actually the same person...

Kidding! As usual I am in agreement with Steven about FLM's contributions. There are so many people I like here, I hate to leave anyone out, so I will just randomly post a few I have taken notice of recently:

thenewold
treekiller
babs
philarch
myriam
ACfA

the list goes on and on and on.

Now I'm going to go make a new identity for myself so I can then come back here and post that I am my favorite. Just like in the old Archinect!

Aug 1, 06 11:16 am  · 
 · 
e

liberty bell is awesome. always has been. always will be. okay, you guys caught me. e is really liberty bell.

Aug 1, 06 11:36 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Actually, I was just thinking that liberty bell and Steven Ward are really the same person! But I'd also like to be e too. Because e is awesome and always has been and always will be.

(Such ridculousness, it makes me giggle!)

Aug 1, 06 11:46 am  · 
 · 

we're all just paul's alter-egos...paul likes to talk to himself. hey buddy, how ya doin'. you're awesome.

Aug 1, 06 11:49 am  · 
 · 
e

little known fact [until now], as awesome as vado is [and he most def is], liberty bell has his total comments blown away. i really stand at a cool 5640 comments. 5641 after my post here. eat that vado. ;+)

Aug 1, 06 11:51 am  · 
 · 
myriam

I like dot and lletdownl too. And FLM is so fucking cute... how can you not like him? Trust me, dudes. FLM you are thoughtful and considerate always. If I only had a little sister...

Aug 1, 06 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

there's a rumor that vado retro is michael graves...but it's unconfined

Aug 1, 06 12:24 pm  · 
 · 
e

wuh? vr=mg?

Aug 1, 06 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

Oana a favorite person not just Archinector. Beso

Aug 1, 06 11:27 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

A few more randoms:

MADianito
puddles, of course
le bossman
Javier

e, I don't recall what thread that was on about vado being Michael Graves. I don't think it's true, but then again I haven't seen him in awhile, maybe I'm forgetting what he looks like.

Aug 1, 06 11:32 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

LB-
I never apollo - gized (space architecture reference) for pissing you off with a rant posting many, many, days ago - sorry. gotta git stuff off my chest before they start to putrify...

We both have roots in philthy, now I'm following your lead to the great interior portion of the country from the coasts.... though I'll be up north.

Heather Ring -always appreciate my classmates sage wisdom on all things landscape. lucky dog is being sent to london!!!

Abra/Orhan (same or not?), too bad I'm skipping town, would have been great to meet in person :-(

Aug 2, 06 12:08 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

favorite archintector in indianastan. hands down liberty bell!!! shout out girl!!!

Aug 2, 06 12:34 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Besides the usual suspects - vado, lb and Steven -I have to say that rationalist, AP and ACfA are my choices for who I would most want to be X-Men with. They a) are always there providing insight, b) always do so eloquently and respectfully, and c) all have kick-ass superpowers.

I made c) up. You get my drift.

Aug 2, 06 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

treekiller, the truth is you pissed me off with that one rant, and I was in a bad mood so I responded crankily, but then I actually started paying attention to your posts and realized how smart you are. So you're now one of my favorites.

Awww, hugs all around!!!

Aug 2, 06 4:12 pm  · 
 · 
AP

aww shucks dubK, great company.
I'm touched, as long as your superpower isn't like that one X-girl who touches you and takes all your strength... ;-)

there's a rumor that vado retro is michael graves...but it's unconfined

puddles, non-wearer of pants, talking about things not being confined?

Aug 2, 06 4:34 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

yay thank you myriam, i like you too!
what an uplifting thread, just when i thought i was the biggest loser on archinect, myriam acknowledges my presence how fantastical...

did anyone else notice how hot it is outside... what the crap is this

Aug 2, 06 6:23 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

lb- awwwww.... I'll buy you a round if you ever venture up to mpls.

SW - my vote for best bartender- make mine a basel hayden please, no rocks and a water back.

ahhhhhh, that's good!

vado thanks for all those dime in the jukebox baby - my vote for best dj on architnect

Aug 2, 06 6:53 pm  · 
 · 
e

steven's bartending? great. pappy van winkle 20yr with just a bit of ice.

Aug 2, 06 6:59 pm  · 
 · 

lazy day. i'm just havin' beer.

...but i'll step up to the bartender role if i'm needed by my friends.

Aug 2, 06 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

thanks for the Newcastle, steven. it goes good after a rough day.

Aug 2, 06 7:26 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

Where is whistler? haven't seen him around in a while

Aug 2, 06 7:27 pm  · 
 · 
e

you will be tipped well steven.

Aug 2, 06 7:33 pm  · 
 · 

i love EVERYBODY on archinect...even parallel38, ARE workshop, and per corel (even though i wasn't around then).

archinect is truly the cure for workplace boredom.

you guys rock!

Aug 2, 06 7:33 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

my favs:
diabase - because he offered to buy me a drink after I posted my picture, and was the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, & 6th to post in my new thread
trace - because he bought me lunch one day and knows more about computers than I think anyone should know
myriam - cause I like that name
pixelwhore - because when i first started posting here, he ws the most memorable character
wildlobo - because he looked over my resume and gave careful insight
liberty bell - because she is resourceful, caring, and so positive!!
steven, vado, e, A, abra, AP, ACFA, wonderK, rationalist, sameol - because I feel like I know you
Hasselhoff - makes me smile
sashimi - uncluttered innocence
LIG - someone more cynical than me? how is that possible?
Javier - likes the same music as me, suggested some good stuff to listen to
art tech geek - nuff said
the cellardoor whore - um, well, yeah, you know
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke - best name ever

Aug 2, 06 7:42 pm  · 
 · 

awwww, thank you DubK! I'm happy to finally make someone's favorite's list. But I really DO have awesome superpowers, you know.

Aug 2, 06 7:46 pm  · 
 · 
some person

My favorites are all the women here who are a few years out of school, have stuck with the profession, and are strong enough to speak their minds... rationalist, myriam, Strawbeary, WonderK, Liberty Bell, R.A. Rudolph. I truly admire you.

Aug 2, 06 9:23 pm  · 
 · 

tips?! i get tips?! well then, a round on me!

Aug 2, 06 9:27 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

I got the next round!

that beer sounded good (now that my buzz is on). if ya got anchor steam on tap...

for those heading to mpls for the ASLA, drop me an e, and we'll have a real round.

Aug 2, 06 9:33 pm  · 
 · 
e909
we're all just paul's alter-egos...paul likes to talk to himself. hey buddy, how ya doin'. you're awesome.

tx. same 2 u bro.

Aug 2, 06 10:27 pm  · 
 · 
Oana S.

thanks MAD and vado.
blushing...

Aug 3, 06 5:08 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

Hey Abra..( Sorry I didnt see this thread earlier )
Thanks bro.

All here are my favs but Abradacabra, Vado Retro and Orhan Ayyuce are up there at the top of my list,
But
My all time favorite archinecter is Vindpust. Havent seen him lately. Hope he's ok.

Aug 6, 06 9:12 am  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

It's funny, because I've met people at school who will say, "wait, you're that Smokety guy, right." Cellardoor Whore's comments have an oh-so-right balance between exuberance, snarkiness, and foresight that are hard to beat.

AP, rationalist, DubK, VR, LB ... yes, I am on their fan bandwagon as well.

Aug 6, 06 10:39 am  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

I too get people saying "You're Hasselhoff?!" around school. But my favorite is Liberty Bell because she sent me a post card.

Aug 6, 06 11:10 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

john devlin!

Aug 6, 06 11:31 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

We all rule. You guys are the best.

Hasselhoff I'll send you a postcard but I don't have your address. Everyone, I'm going on vacation next week. Send me your address and I'll send you a postcard. Also, your first name might help. The mailperson might get confused trying to deliver to a "Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke". Ha.

Aug 6, 06 11:45 am  · 
 · 
French

Actually, what happenned to john delvin? I sortta remember that he decided to leave the forum or was forbidden access or something, but can you guys remind me the story?

Aug 7, 06 5:12 am  · 
 · 
Devil Dog

i happy someone resurrected this thread. i've never seen it (somehow i missed it the first time around). nice to see my name in there.

i have too many favorites to list so i won't even try. i will say however that i thoroughly enjoy this site and the intellectual power the members bring. this site is truly greater than the sum of it's parts.

i've been here for about six years now and can't imagine a (work)day without it.

Aug 7, 06 10:11 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: