Archinect
anchor

Please take the Missing 32% survey on equality in architecture!

AmeliePhaine

Hello everyone!

AIA San Francisco board member here... with a small request:  take this survey which will be used for our next Missing 32% Symposium this fall! Once results and conclusions are finished it will be available to everyone.

AIA San Francisco is conducting the Equity in Architecture Survey which launched on February 18th and will be be open until March 18th. We are encouraged by the positive feedback thus far and nationally have collected over 1300 responses to date which is well over 1/2 our goal of 1500 respondents with 8 days to go. Feedback has been positive from both men and women via social media with roughly 40% of respondents are male. We have reached out to AIA National about the relevance of the issues being discussed and suggesting this take a front seat of focus in the Knowledge Communities. Greg, Steve and Karl have also taken the survey and have encouraged SF staff to participate. 

AIA San Francisco has hosted 2 sold-out symposiums engaging leaders and emerging professionals in conversation on the evolving role of architects and the changes necessary to expand diversity within the profession.  We are hoping to continue this effort by first gaining a better understanding of the issues that influence the recruitment, hiring, retention and promotion of our profession’s best resources at every level of practice. 

On behalf of AIA San Francisco and the AIA San Francisco Missing 32% Project Committee we encourage you to participate and help spread the word about our Equity in Architecture Survey.  While we are targeting the local San Francisco Bay Area design community at this initial stage, we are encouraging a broader range of respondents nationally that will help to increase awareness and shape the scope of future research studies and the nature of Architectural practice. Women and Men who have graduated from an accredited program are eligible to participate whether or not they are currently practicing Architecture.

Please join us in this groundbreaking study that we hope will feed the discussion for equitable practice and result in positive benefits for the profession at the local, state and national level. For more information about the project and to take the survey, please go to http://themissing32percent.com/ . 

Please help spread the word to your firm, aligned colleagues, alumni and friends in the profession.

Thank you for your support and please let me know if you have any questions!

Mar 11, 14 6:38 pm
LITS4FormZ

Firm name, City, State & Zip Code? 

Mar 11, 14 7:45 pm  · 
 · 
I think I took it already - if I have and try to take it again will it tell me so?
Mar 11, 14 7:58 pm  · 
 · 
AmeliePhaine

-

Mar 12, 14 12:47 pm  · 
 · 

Donna - I don't believe it will tell you if it's already been taken, but the researchers would certainly know when they're sorting through answers. 

Mar 12, 14 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

you're Jennifer's friend!

Mar 12, 14 12:54 pm  · 
 · 
AmeliePhaine

I'm Jennifer's favorite. :) Hi there!!

Mar 13, 14 4:10 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

Yes, I meant favorite!

Mar 13, 14 6:28 pm  · 
 · 

OK, I'll take it again to be sure.  If I get a couple pages in I'm sure I will remember - I feel like I've been taking a lot of AIA and manufacturer surveys lately, must be survey season!

Mar 14, 14 8:56 am  · 
 · 
AmeliePhaine

Must be! This one is an independent effort by the Missing 32%, but is certainly supported by the AIA SF. :)

Mar 14, 14 12:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: