Archinect
anchor

intentionally misleading presentations

The top image, published in a local paper, was presented by a developer with their application for a condo project.

The middle image was created by a friend as a more accurate depiction of the scale of the project. The bottom image was created to exaggerate the scale as a further example of how renderings can be used to manipulate.

Oct 4, 13 7:00 pm
snooker-doodle-dandy

photo shop at work...it is the devil in the mix..

Oct 4, 13 7:33 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

Funnily, I'd go with the third. If you must, well then...you must. 

Oct 4, 13 7:35 pm  · 
 · 

For those unable to grasp the unspoken subtelty, the developers presented a rendering that shows the proposed building at reduced scale in an attempt to mitigate opposition to the project. Meanwhile the only people who would ever see the project from this point of view is an occasional boater, the important view is from the landward side, where the development will have the mostbvisual impact.

So the developers have used multiple misdirections: reduction in scale and a view nobody will see. 

Oct 4, 13 9:16 pm  · 
 · 
boy in a well

and thus my faith was redeemed in archinect.

thanks, Q.

Oct 4, 13 10:31 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

Miles, i don't think your point was subtle. i do think that you yourself are beyond -or rather fall short of - appreciating an ironic subtlety, however. i still vote for pic 3. 

Oct 4, 13 11:32 pm  · 
 · 
natematt

Pretty much all renderings are dishonest by nature... watercolor more than most.

Oct 4, 13 11:54 pm  · 
 · 
boy in a well

new urbanism more than most.

Oct 5, 13 12:26 am  · 
 · 

An architect has an ethical responsibility to accurately represent his work. A developer does not, as most are utterly devoid of either ethical considerations or responsibility.

Oct 5, 13 10:30 am  · 
 · 
drewjmcnamara
When's the last time you had a sandwich look like the image.
Oct 5, 13 10:21 pm  · 
 · 
drewjmcnamara
Or I should say, that l
Oct 5, 13 10:23 pm  · 
 · 
drewjmcnamara
...nvm. Bumpy megabus.
Oct 5, 13 10:23 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

i'm guessing you never had to create renderings and vignettes in your studio class xD

tip: halos, starbursts and multi gradient skies are hot these days

Oct 6, 13 1:19 am  · 
 · 
StrangeJohn

it's great! i like all of them!

Oct 6, 13 4:06 am  · 
 · 

AMAZING PROJECT

Oct 6, 13 7:53 am  · 
 · 

@miles, you have a working link/image for this?

that being said this "An architect has an ethical responsibility to accurately represent his work" seem like a larger more interesting statement...

Oct 7, 13 8:00 pm  · 
 · 

It's back up. Image hosting site problem, methinks. 

Oct 7, 13 8:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: