Archinect
anchor

NBA playoffs '08

drums please, Fab?

after 82 games, there's part of you that wonders if you have anything left; if you have anything more to give. but somehow, from somewhere, you find it. you dig deeper. you have to. because if you don't, you go home.

(background music: radiohead 'house of cards'!)

go lakers!

Apr 18, 08 1:23 pm
ryanj

...all I know is the Mavs should have stuck with the guy on the left, cuz the guy on the right can't shoot a jumper if his life depended on it.

GO MAVS! (despite our old point guard)

Apr 18, 08 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
boxy

i hope the finals are like the old days: celtics vs. lakers

Apr 18, 08 1:31 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

detroit pistons own 2008 nba finals

Apr 18, 08 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
Ron Nichols

0.4+MVP+Radman+LO+PAU

(& Farmar & The Machine & Ronny & DJ & Mihm)

Are you f****** kidding me????

Bring the rings...

Apr 18, 08 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

lakers fans, thought i'd just give you a little reminder of the last time you made it to the finals and a taste of what's to come this year.

Apr 18, 08 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
boxy

not a huge fan of the lakers, but you have to admit that a detroit-san antonio matchup will be another dull fest. i'd much rather see the big three against kobe and gasol.

Apr 18, 08 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
Ron Nichols

@jafidler

you guys are getting old and won't even go past the 2nd round (orlando)...

Apr 18, 08 3:26 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

ron, i get the feeling you don't watch the pistons much. philly will actually give them a bigger test than orlando. the 76ers match up well against the pistons. they in fact split the season series. detroit has always dominated orlando. i'm thankful they got orlando over cleveland in the second round. the pistons should sweep orlando. and what you call "getting old" is known as experience which should lead the pistons past boston.

and the lakers, well, who cares? they'll get bounced by the spurs (if they can even make it past the second round).

Apr 18, 08 4:57 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

thankfully the east is set up in a manner that detroit might be able to avoid cleveland this year. i don't understand why but the cavaliers have really been detroit's achillies heel the past couple of playoffs

and yes some of the pistons are growing old...but their youthful bench has been improving significantly and will provide the needed spark

and for what it's worth, i feel another detroit/san antonio finals would be awesome...certainly better than a cleveland san antonio matchup

Apr 18, 08 5:11 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

i agree, puddles. detroit-san antonio will be far more interesting than cleveland-san antonio.

Apr 18, 08 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

i'm interested to see how boston responds to the playoffs..they've been coasting for the past month or so...and still winning by 10 or more with their bench. boston's bench has grown by leaps and bounds from last year.

a detroit/boston series would be a lot of fun...but they have to beat cleveland first..the worst finals team i've ever seen.

Apr 18, 08 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

just let me know when Isaiah Thomas gets shit canned, then and only then will i start watching the bball again.

Apr 18, 08 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

WOW!

Prayers can be answered!

Gone Baby, Gone!

Apr 18, 08 5:59 pm  · 
 · 
boxy

Gasol: FG: 14-20 FT: 8-8 Reb: 16 Ast: 8 BS:3 Pts: 36

Recockulous

Apr 20, 08 9:12 pm  · 
 · 
archMONSTER

Sun's fan here scratching his head.

Apr 20, 08 10:42 pm  · 
 · 
bRink

LA vs. Boston Finals

Common...

LA... Kobe Bryant, Lamar Odom, Pau Gasol...

Boston... Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett...

Apr 21, 08 1:08 am  · 
 · 
bRink

Anything-san antonio will be the end of the NBA... Common, San Antonio is the most boring team in the NBA... I'd rather see the suns or denver in the finals...

Apr 21, 08 1:29 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

sheed!!!

Apr 21, 08 9:32 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra

Anyone who actually understands basketball does not think the Spurs are boring...they are the definition of precision and execution...if you want Denver just go to your local rec center and watch the games without defense or with Ole' defense at best...that is boring.

Apr 21, 08 9:36 am  · 
 · 
Ron Nichols

LAKERS 3 -0 DENVER

I CAN FEEL IT...

Apr 26, 08 5:32 am  · 
 · 
Medit
Fot-li

Pau!!!.. bring us an NBA ring to Barcelona (or three or four) in some years!

Apr 26, 08 6:27 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i feel like vomiting

Apr 26, 08 9:35 am  · 
 · 
Medit

I remember a long time ago, when I was a kid someone gave me an English-Catalan dictionary ... soon I discovered that one of the words that I was curious to know how to spell in English was the Catalan verb "Vomitar" which means "To vomit".. the man who I needed to apply that word to was this guy..:

I couldn't stand the 'bad boys', but I always thought Isiah Thomas was a good player only because he was friends with Magic (who is from Detroit, right?)..
I remember also this other 'bad boy' nicknamed 'the Spider'... mr. Salley.. I thought it was cool that an nba player had a small, somehow discreet and unpretentious tattoo (but distasteful if it was a 'piston' who had it)..
of course that was long before this:

and I remember that in Houston, if my memory serves me well, the Rockets gave Kareem a big Harley Davidson and maybe the city's Key... he collected lots of presents in his retirement season when he played far from the Forum.. I can't remember if they gave him anything in Detroit?

Apr 26, 08 11:45 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i remember the kareem retirement tour too but i don't recall if detroit offered any parting gifts or not

and i wish we still had laimbeer playing...this current bunch is even beginning to annoy die-hard fans with their arrogance and sense of entitlement...yuck

Apr 26, 08 11:56 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

that bad boys team had the best nicknames:

the worm
the microwave
spider
buddha
zeke
joe-d

funny laimbeer and mahorn never had nicknames. oh well, guess they were the original bad boys.

Apr 26, 08 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

fucxk nicknames...i want championships whether i'm riding the viking or vee-king line or not

how about some some waffles & strawberries at the innvik?

Apr 26, 08 10:54 pm  · 
 · 
boxy

holy shit.. lebron went 2-18 for 12 pts and 10 turnovers! one more assist and rebound and he would have had an unorthodox quadruple double.

the crazy thing is that they only lost by four, so i'm thinking that this may go to 7 games.

May 6, 08 11:32 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

kobe mvp, lakers sweep first round, yeah they'll win game 2 against le jazz manaña noche on de way to ze champion-ship !!

May 7, 08 1:09 am  · 
 · 
boxy

i haven't been able to watch the games, but is boston's D just unbelievable or is lebron just playing terrible? 6-24 shooting? holy crap.

May 8, 08 10:04 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

lakers up 2-0 ova jazz on their way to undefeated champion~ship!

May 8, 08 11:17 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

DJ
a little of both..the Celtics average something like 78 points against at home...and they've been swarming lebron with two or three players..and they never give him an open lane to the hoop...or if they do he's usually met at the rim by two people. i think their basic approach is to make lebron pass and make the other players beat them.

with that said lebron isn't shooting well regardless and has missed a number of shots that were makeable...but he is probably getting defended as well as he has been in the nba...or ever for that matter.

May 9, 08 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

lets see how he plays in cleveland...cause if they lose tomorrow it's OVA.

May 9, 08 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

Cleveland has started slow against detroit during some previous playoffs and somehow managed turn it upside down pretty quickly. we'll just have to watch and see.

go pistons!!!

May 9, 08 6:51 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

no chauncery billups and you still can't stop tayshaun prince, rip hamilton, sheed wallace, antonio mcdyss, rodney stuckey, jarvis hayes, lindsey hamilton, etc.

the only competition that the pistons have this year is from the hockey redwings regarding who gets to use woodward ave. first for their championship parade!

May 10, 08 9:51 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

wow those jazz are good at home - even series with lakers 2-2

May 11, 08 9:07 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

uh oh...lebron has tied it up. could he repeat last year's feat against detroit of winning four straight after an 0-2 deficit?

May 13, 08 8:09 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

pistons move on...and yeah lebron they're coming after you so you better take care of business at your end. we've got a score to settle from last year

May 13, 08 10:45 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

robert horry is still playing?

May 16, 08 10:35 am  · 
 · 
Medit

woohoo! Lakers 4 - Jazz 2 ... go Pau (keep trying those sky hooks)!
to the finals!: http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/080516_gameday_jazz.html

May 17, 08 7:18 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

yeah lakers!

May 17, 08 10:53 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

celtics, lakers, pistons...it's beginning to feel like 1987 again

May 19, 08 9:51 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

...and the spurs too

what a great looking final four!

May 20, 08 1:53 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

come on pistons-spurs. i loathe kg and paul pierce almost as much as i loathe kobe and pau.

May 20, 08 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

I loathe both Kobe and Tim Duncan...now and forever. KG needs his ring. He toiled for so long in Minnesota.

May 20, 08 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

dapper napper, you're right. kg isn't so bad; it's just his proximity to paul pierce that sullies him. after pierce recovered that loose ball to seal the victory at the end of the game seven against the cavs and lay gleefully writhing around on the court like an overpaid idiot, i had visions of sheed wallace laying him out in the conference finals. go pistons!

May 20, 08 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

im so pissed its down to the lakers and SA...

i cant believe i have to root for the lakers.... tis sacreligious...

go east...

May 20, 08 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

"after pierce recovered that loose ball to seal the victory at the end of the game seven against the cavs and lay gleefully writhing around on the court like an overpaid idiot"

so we're callin paul pierce an overpaid idiot for being happy that he hustled and beat lebron james to a ball that he never should have beat bron bron to.... pp is one of the least appreciated players in the league...and is anything but overpaid..he's consistently been one of the top ten players in the league and has stuck with boston through ten good and then very bad years...how can you hate on that?

if you want to talk about classless you should look no further than sheed..and why not have him lay out pierce..i mean that's what he's good at..that and technicals...(i know he's also a good player..but what you said about pierce is ridiculous too) and i liked sheed when he was at UNC.

May 20, 08 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

PP has been toiling a long time in obscurity too, but unfortunately, I'm seeing a Lakers-Pistons final. Man I wishing for Detroit to go old school 'bad boys' on Kobe.

May 20, 08 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

yeah, a pistons-spurs rematch would be sweet! i'd love to get some revenge for that 2005 7 game finals loss to san antonio. maybe sheed could knock horry on his ass...that'd be fun

May 20, 08 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

most nba championships:

16 - Boston Celtics
14 - Los Angeles Lakers

6- Chicago Bulls
4 - San Antonio Spurs
3 - Detroit Pistons

3 - Philadelphia 76ers
2- Houston Rockets
2- New York Knicks

four of the best nba franchises are squaring off for the next month...and arguably the four best franchises are competing if you account for the fact that much of chicago's success was due to the singular brilliance of michael jordan

May 20, 08 5:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: