Archinect
anchor

NBA playoffs '08

larslarson

now sheed knocking horry on his ass i can wholeheartedly agree with.

May 20, 08 5:24 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

i don't have cable!

anybody know where i can watch the game online?

May 20, 08 9:15 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

espn360.com

May 20, 08 9:32 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

duh, why didn't i think of that?

thanks!

May 20, 08 9:42 pm  · 
 · 
postal

becuase i don't think it warrants it's own thread, and this seems to be the only bright spot in an otherwise absolutely terrible year...

No. 1 pick... 1.7%... ok, sorry... enjoy your playoffs. I wouldn't be suprised if the C's turn it up and play to their potential from here on out.

(puddles, that is the lamest analysis of "best" franchise ever... the singular brilliance of Tim Duncan doesn't count... while we're at it, let's disqualify Magic Johnson & Abdul-Jabbar.)

May 21, 08 9:36 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

it's not lame...it's true. certainly the lakers, celtics and pistons have proven their longevity by fielding champions in different eras with completely different casts of players. those are the attributes of the best franchises...with the lakers & celtics clearly the only true elites in the league.

the chicago bulls were irrelevant before michael jordan, were irrelevent during his foray into baseball and have been irrelevent ever since jordan left. if it wasn't for him they would not likely have a single ring let alone six of them. it's too much of a paradox to call six championships in eight years a fluke...but from it's tempting nonetheless.

as for the san antonio spurs, i think it's more difficult to attribute all of their success to tim duncan just yet. duncan is a great player but he hasn't literally willed his team to six titles in six attempts they way that jordan did during his peak. moreover, it remains to be seen what happens to the spurs after duncan's departure. in the meantime, i'm inclined to think of them as one of the nba's top franchises.

May 21, 08 11:32 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

wow, the lakers are looking really strong...maybe kobe can win a title without shaq

May 24, 08 9:30 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra

without shaq but with gasol...the lakers have done some nice gm moves this past year...the spurs need to be active this offseason and they will have the cap space to do it...it will be interesting to see who they can come up with.

May 24, 08 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

being a pistons fan is so frustrating...they are a good team capable of beating anybody...yet the pratically insist on giving away 1-2 games per series by just not showing up.

they're really fortunate they won a championship back in 2004 or else i can't even imagine the about of shit they would get for squandering opportunities...instead they're almost universally respected as former champs. in a what-have-you-done-lately world, i find that to be almost unbelievable

May 25, 08 10:49 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i think antonio mcdyss would still like to win a championship

May 26, 08 11:41 pm  · 
 · 
Medit

yes! go Pau! to the finals..!

May 30, 08 4:17 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

lakers cruisin' to the finals!

bring on the celtics! (the pistons would be good too)

May 30, 08 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

L
O
L
!

hey that dude behind pau grows his hair!

May 30, 08 3:23 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

ahaha, yeah, it's the evolution of sasha.

May 30, 08 3:28 pm  · 
 · 
Medit

R O T F L ! ! !

I'm savin' that gif in my hd... if it had some music it would be perfect.

May 30, 08 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

just imagine wham's "wake me up before you go go".

you may recognize that as a scene from the movie zoolander.

May 30, 08 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
Medit

lol.. well, I have not seen that movie, but George Michael was not what I was thinking of... Phil seems to be in a disco dancing to De La Soul's Me, Myself and I, but Pau seems to be in a Slayer or Sepultura gig, first row... Kobe with an iPod and listening to NWA old records..

May 30, 08 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
boxy

now i don't know who to cheer for in the finals

May 30, 08 11:20 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

go wings!

May 30, 08 11:32 pm  · 
 · 

First off,
I was hoping for Spurs-Celtics, but lakers will be a better game.
Penguins!

May 31, 08 11:27 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

counting down the last couple of hours to tip-off.

i can't wait. hopefully the series lives up to the hype.

vamos bestia!!!

Jun 5, 08 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

keep prayin', pau!

i am excited for this one 1 vs 1 lakers/celtics could it get any better?

Jun 5, 08 7:09 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

i am too. 6 o'clock needs to get here fast.

Jun 5, 08 7:20 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

i am so sad right now... =(

Jun 9, 08 1:31 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

aaaaah que pinches lakers. hijos de la chingada. no valen madre esos cabrones...

Jun 9, 08 2:01 am  · 
 · 
larslarson

it's only two games..but i can't help but say that i'm happy..nice to see the celts hold home court. let's see if they can steal one in LA and put some real pressure on the lakers.

definitely feel as though boston creates some matchup problems that the lakers haven't had to deal with all year...and imo they're just a better overall team.

i'll be driving up to boston if they win for the parade.

Jun 9, 08 2:43 am  · 
 · 

after catching up the 24 pt lakers lead and winning the game, pierce screaming at the camera on the way to locker room, "thats how you do it!"

Jun 12, 08 11:57 pm  · 
 · 

not that i am happy...

Jun 13, 08 12:00 am  · 
 · 
xacto

lars, i will agree that i think the celtics are a better team right now, but they are a time bomb...all they need(ed) was one injury and the team could collapse. how long the "big 3" will last is not certain.

The lakers, on the other hand, are a young team, and will be as good, if not better in the years to come.

Jun 13, 08 12:01 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

i am so disappointed... i feel like i just got punched in the gut.

Jun 13, 08 12:03 am  · 
 · 
larslarson

xacto.

that's pretty much true of any team...an injury to one of your major players is going to significantly hurt your chances. and i would have to show you this series as an example of how deep boston is. rondo is hurt, perkins is hurt, pierce is hurt and they're still up on the lakers 3-1

the big three are older...true. but they are also expiring contracts that come off the books one right after the other. it's actually going to be a good thing when they each retire because boston will be able to sign a number of players for each of them cause they are all max contract guys. they could sign players like....lebron, stoudamaire, etc. younger and slightly cheaper talent.

the other thing is is that they have a lot of young talent...rondo is two years into the league, powe is young, davis, perkins, etc. if you look beyond allen, kg and paul they are a pretty young team.

the lakers may be good for years..but so will the celts. and i think the lakers have been sort of exposed in this series as the soft, outside shooting team that they are...if the three is falling that's great..but if it isn't..they're in trouble.

Jun 13, 08 10:09 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

boston dominates game 6, 131-92 over lakers

wow congrats celtics! they deserve it

Jun 18, 08 12:14 am  · 
 · 
lexiekings

As, a fan of the NBA, I personally love basketball. This article interests me because it shows me that being popular also means security at all times. The USA players are the most recognizable athletes of the Man's basketball olympics, because of that they are needed extra precautions as stated in the article. At first, after i wrote a research paper on NBA as an essay expert, i thought that being popular would make not attracted to threats but i found out that even the most recognizable athletes are not safe when they are out of their home country. They refused to stay at the village with max security and is cruising Rio. So as you can see i learned that even extra precaution needs to be taken even with security because you will never know what will happen to you.
That alone interest me because i thought that the players will have no problem staying there in the village.

Mar 31, 17 7:29 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: