mdler

'cause it's about damn time that they got their own thread

Nov 7, 07 6:03 pm
le bossman

thank you, mdler, for creating the greatest thread of all time

Nov 7, 07 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

In high school I dated a girl who was named after stevie nicks. That was kinda hot.

Nov 7, 07 6:08 pm  · 
 · 

i had lunch with mick fleetwood in '02. he was supposed to talk to me and clancy about designing a new logo for his new rock memorabilia auction company but couldn't stop talking about his sandwich and how much clancy looked like a young eric clapton. greatest lunch meeting of all time.

Nov 7, 07 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
marimbaONE

MAN ... first Steely and now this. I grew up playing drums to the Rumors album. Fleetwood, Steely, The Eagles, Bob Segar + Paul Simon's Graceland were the staples of my childhood drumming.

Nov 7, 07 6:15 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

that is amazing paul. i which i could touch you.

Nov 7, 07 6:16 pm  · 
 · 
marimbaONE

'Hypnotized' is good one from their really early days.

Nov 7, 07 6:16 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

dont ask me what i think of you
i may not give the answer that you want me to.

Nov 7, 07 6:26 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

you make loving .. fun

Nov 7, 07 6:30 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

stevie nicks...some day

Nov 7, 07 6:35 pm  · 
 · 

wont you lay me down in tall grass
and let me do my stuff

Nov 7, 07 6:37 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

just call me the 'fleetwood mac daddy'

Nov 7, 07 6:50 pm  · 
 · 
marimbaONE

Didnt Lindsey Buckingham do a few movie theme songs? Was it Holiday Road / Vacation? I always get his + KennyLoggins soundtracks mixed up.

Nov 7, 07 6:50 pm  · 
 · 
marimbaONE

These particular music threads are kinda random. I reckon I might start an Eddie Rabbit thread.

Nov 7, 07 6:58 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

i think it's funny that a man named Lindsey is married to a woman named Stevie.

Nov 7, 07 6:58 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

le bossman

if you end up getting to touch Archinect Paul can I touch you??? It may be the closest I ever get to touching Archinect Paul

Nov 7, 07 7:12 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

yes. i've been waiting for this thread. now i know why i came to archinect.

thank you.

Nov 7, 07 7:25 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

i use to work as a security guard in a gated community where john mcvie lived

Nov 7, 07 7:26 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

i've touched dammson

Nov 7, 07 7:33 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

i've touched him back...

Nov 7, 07 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

yes, if you ever come to montana you can touch me. and also, i have touched jfidler.

Nov 7, 07 8:23 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

hands across archinect.

Nov 7, 07 8:39 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

6 degrees of separation

Nov 7, 07 8:52 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

the music of Fleetwood Mac touches me in ways that only a select few of you do

(not that way, Vado)

Nov 7, 07 8:53 pm  · 
 · 

appropriate lyrics for this discussion?:

So long ago
Certain place
Certain time
You touched my hand
All the way...

...So it's hard to find
Someone with that kind
of intensity
You touched my hand
I played it cool

Nov 8, 07 7:36 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

maybe i'll listen to the mac after my boss turns off his coldplay itunes.

Nov 8, 07 8:32 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Confession time:

In high school, I was a headbanger: Motley Crue, Judas Priest, Saxon, et al.

But I grew up in Scottsdale, where Ms. Nicks then and now lives, and while I was in high school she was putting out solo records and was very much in the public eye. The local newsweekly had personals ads that week after week were filled - I mean, hundreds of ads a week - with fans' open letters to Stevie Nicks: Child of Light, Rhiannon, my heart flies with your joyful lyrics and falters with your shattering innocent tears, etc, etc, etc. It was quite a phenomenon of the day (this was waaaay before the internet, so the newsweeklies were the MySpace of the day.)

But as a headbanger with headbanger friends, I couldn't admit that I - gasp - loved Stevie Nick's music. I never went so far as to write her a message, and I sure as hell never dressed in several fringed scarves and platform granny boots, but I loooooved her.

And now that I'm an old woman I can finally admit that! In fact I think I'll listen to Bella Donna right now. I recently youtubed the video for Gypsy and I swear, 25 years later, I could perfectly recall every image and move she made in that video.

Man it feels good to confess!! Rock on Gold Dust Woman!

Nov 8, 07 8:55 am  · 
 · 

who can picture liberty doing 'leather and lace' at karaoke? [raises hand.]

Nov 8, 07 8:57 am  · 
 · 

with vado as don henley, of course.

Nov 8, 07 8:57 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Yep, I'm liek the principal in School of Rock - a little alcolhol and Stevie on the jukebox, and I'll start twirling ;-)

Nov 8, 07 8:59 am  · 
 · 
THEaquino
You get a love triangle, you know, a Fleetwood Mac situation. Although there was four of them, so more of a love square.
Nov 8, 07 9:26 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

lindsey buckingham may be my all-time favorite guitarist. his guitar part on dreams is pure genius, and while no john bonham, mick fleetwood had amazing restraint. fleetwood mac in a word was subtle.

lite rock fans unite.

Nov 8, 07 9:59 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

back in the day circa 1985, one of my best friends studied music engineering etc in college. once i was at a party with some of his classmates. a very attractive woman in his program had interned at a recording studio in arizona. stevie nicks recorded there. this woman said stevie was a fat drunk who knew three chords on the guitar. that said, i'm gonna listen to some mac now and go my own way.

Nov 8, 07 10:11 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

She's a singer and a songwriter, does she really need to also be able to play the guitar?

Stop hating on Stevie, vado, or I won't sing any karaoke with you!

Nov 8, 07 10:35 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

three chords is really all you need to know. i think most guitarists become worse as they learn more.

Nov 8, 07 10:42 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

ah i dint say it. i was relating an anecdote told by another. as far as chords go well i was in a garage band wasnt i. yes i was.

Nov 8, 07 11:37 am  · 
 · 
va bene

Greatest thread ever! Christ I love Fleetwood Mac. My friends all think I'm crazy, I just crank up Rumors and drown them out.

Nov 8, 07 11:48 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

what were your three chords, vado?

mine were e7, c7, and g.

Nov 8, 07 11:54 am  · 
 · 
mdler

i went on a cruise a few years back. Part of the nightly live entertainment was this woman in her mid 40's with a guitar and tamborine who thought she was Stevie

Nov 8, 07 12:24 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i will stop dragging stevie's rep around.

Nov 8, 07 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

go your own way is playing!

Nov 8, 07 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
mdler
http://www.johannas-art.com/tambourines.htm
Nov 8, 07 5:33 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

E, A and D. Her name was G.....L......O...aaraaraarrr....I,A.

elle belle - i'm impressed. judas priest, eh?

Nov 8, 07 5:35 pm  · 
 · 

personalized tamborine portraits of you with stevie. oh. my. god. the end of the world is coming, folks.

Nov 8, 07 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

steven

I want a tamborine portrait of me and that guy in the yellow shirt

Nov 8, 07 5:46 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

a guy like me...if i'm going to go and buy a tabourine, custom painted with my likeness and stevie's...YOU CAN DAMN WELL BETTER BELIEVE I'M NOT GOING TO LOOK LIKE I JUST STEPPED OF A MEETING OF THE SOCIETY OF MID-LEVEL MARKETING MANAGERS.

whew. sorry for yelling.

but that's ridiculous.

i would be wearing me favorite Doors t-shirt, you know, the one with jim on the front with the lizards reflecting in his oversized shades...and the inscription on the back...'I am the lizard king. I can do anything.' and i'd have a joint in the corner of my mouth, and stevie and i would be locked in some intense embrace, in the throes of ROCK PASSION!!!

not what i wore to the office christmas party.

Nov 8, 07 6:03 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

mighty

I could see stevie in her top hat and you in your chef's hat...

Nov 8, 07 6:09 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

as long as you can see my crossed knife and fork tattoo's peeking out from under my tattered chef jacket...

flames rising, knives flying in the background, you know...something suitably rock-n-roll.

Nov 8, 07 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

And, mighty, make sure the Stevie likeness looks like she just ate one of your delicious meals and feels happy, full, and satisfied - not with that vacant Britney-Spearsish look as above.

Ron Halford (of Judas Priset) also lived in my hometown. Friends would often see him putting fuel in his Corvette, dressed in hot pants. It was common knowledge that he was gay, even though he didn't come out until later. He's a bit of a hero for me still, too.

Nov 8, 07 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

oh, she'll look happy, full, and....satisfied.

thas' how i roll.

Nov 8, 07 7:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: