Archinect
anchor

the Fleetwood Mac thread

liberty bell

thas' what I figgered, mighty.

Oh my god, did I type "Ron" Halford? We all know of course it is Rob. My mistake.

Nov 8, 07 7:47 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I THINK THAT ARCHINECT SHOULD HOLD A DESIGN COMPETITION TO DESIGN A MONUMENT TO FLEETWOOD MAC

Nov 8, 07 7:58 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

^ must include over-sized wind chimes

Nov 8, 07 7:59 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

^^ must ALSO include a likeness of me.

or of how you imagine my likeness to be. either/or.*

* - chef's hat optional.

Nov 8, 07 8:05 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

e,a,d - you are pure pop, mighty.

stevie nicks is a babe. that tamborine doesn't do her justice.

Nov 8, 07 8:13 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

so i've concluded that the sound of Stevie Nicks singing is the closest you are ever going to get to the sound of all the children of the world singing in unison

Nov 26, 07 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
dml955i

I preferred Fleetwood Mac back when they were a blues band with no chicks (including Lindsay).

Rumours had some catchy tunes though...

Nov 26, 07 5:03 pm  · 
 · 

ah yes. the original version...and the best.

Nov 26, 07 5:06 pm  · 
 · 

Bumping this thread, because I'm feeling nostalgic for how much fun we have had on Archinect over the years. AND that story of Paul's lunch meeting with Mick Fleetwood is the best story I've heard all week!

This thread started just one year after Facebook became available to the general public.  Archinect honestly was a very early form of social media.

May 20, 15 9:30 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

i listened to a lot of fleetwood mac when i painted the bathroom.

May 20, 15 10:54 am  · 
 · 
citizen

Ah, great good times.  Thanks for bumping, Donna.

I saw them in the 70s and 90s at The Fabulous Forum, and they were great on both occasions.  This summer an old friend and I are headed there to see Boston and REO Speedwagon in another bid to recapture a sliver of youth.  I can't wait.

May 20, 15 11:02 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
It makes sense that Donna would bump this thread, she was acting like Stevie Nicks all weekend.
May 20, 15 11:05 am  · 
 · 

I still unabashedly love Stevie Nicks! I wonder if she's on twitter (runs off to check....)?

May 20, 15 11:07 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

going way way way back. i was an undergrad at i.u. and one of my best friends since junior high was getting a degree in sound engineering etc and a classmate of his had just done an internship at a recording studio. stevie nicks was recording there, the report back was that she was fat and knew three chords on the guitar. circa 1985.

May 20, 15 11:08 am  · 
 · 

Wow. Stripped-down Gypsy.

May 20, 15 11:16 am  · 
 · 

Ken, I was! "I have no fear, I have only love" which is why I'm fine to run up to Ming Fung and tell her outright that I'm a huge fan and invite her on the pdocast!

May 20, 15 11:18 am  · 
 · 
empea
Went karaokeing this weekend. Rumors album + vodka shots + Brooklyn lager = catharsis.
May 25, 15 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton
I've had people tell me I look like Stevie Nicks. I try my best to smile and say thank you, cause they obviously mean it as a compliment by the old guys at bars, but I always thought she was fat and frizzy. Still, I do love me some Fleetwood Mac. Maybe I should come up with some clever Leather and Lace comeback.
May 25, 15 9:19 pm  · 
 · 

Sarah, keep in context that Stevie was a singer/songwriter who wrote and performed her own songs (despite by rumor only knowing 3 chords? Whatevs.) and who tried to take hold of her own career path at a time when women were largely prohibited from doing so. She was a trailblazer *and* happened to be both tough and fragile at the same time. So take it as a compliment! (Also what I've seen of your hair it is beautiful and not frizzy at all but in the 70s frizzy was cool.)

May 26, 15 8:39 am  · 
 · 

speaking of Fleetwood Mac enjoyed this podcast ft Devonté "Dev" Hynes and Ethan Silverman listening to/discussing the Fleetwood Mac oeuvre...

May 27, 15 10:11 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: