Archinect
anchor

Obama '08

mightylittle™

oh i can deny it. they did NOT look cute.

she smacks of a level of smarmy found normally on used car lots on rte.22 in rahway, new jersey.

even when she's being coy and endearing, it hurts. just sayin'.

Feb 1, 08 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
sic transit gloria

Well, duh, mightyl, say something obvious. He wouldn't be around ruining his wife's campaign either.

Feb 1, 08 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
sic transit gloria

Tsk, tsk, the price of blind prejudice... can't even enjoy a moment.

Feb 1, 08 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
sic transit gloria

c'mon, mightyl, they were cute, come oooon, cuchie-cuchie-cooo, that's a nice smile....

Feb 1, 08 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin
Feb 1, 08 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

naw, not the price of blind prejudice. nothing blind about it...

if you're not angry with her (and bill too...) then you're obviously not paying attention.

Feb 1, 08 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Okay, the resizing made the text difficult to read. She's saying:

"Hey, what happened to the insurmountable lead I had in here?"

Feb 1, 08 3:15 pm  · 
 · 
sic transit gloria

Well, mightl, that's your opinion...I, and many others as well, don't agree with you, but that's the beauty of this country, isn't it. But please tell me why the people of New York State, who first though of her as a carpetbagger and were skeptical but have - for the most part - been quite impressed with her service, why should they be angry at her? Again, I propose that your "examined" prejudice is nothing but 8 years of Republican demonizing of the Clintons, which you (and lots of others) have accepted lock, stock, and barrel, and now try to pass off as "truth" - oh, and I would take Bill's 8 years (minus the Republican persecution) over the crap we've seen the last 7 any day.

I really don't understand why you(and a couple of people in this thread) even want to support Barack, since your thinking is exactly the stuff he's trying to sweep away. Your rancor and lack of humor reminds me of certain people in an administration that's about to leave in a year and join the dustbin of history...but that's just me.

Feb 1, 08 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
sic transit gloria

....and they were cute together, so PFFFFFFTTTT!!

Feb 1, 08 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
blah

lack of humor? I think LIG's cartoon is hilarious!

The Clintons are inseparable and their antics and especially Bill's antics, the latest that we know of is the Kazakhstan junket, is just wrong and shouldn't be tolerated by members of either party.

If your argument is that we should put up this corrupt BS because only Clinton is electable and is the Democrats' only hope, this isn't true either. Obama is really the heir to the Progressive Legacy of the late Senator Paul Simon. And remember that Simon was consistently reelected in a very conservative Congressional district even though he was a upstanding progressive politician. Obama shares his decency and honesty.

And I believe Obama shares Paul Simon's ability to attract people of all backgrounds and races to his campaign. Obama can win this election 60/40 against McCain. With Hillary it's 50/50. We'll see.

Feb 1, 08 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

my rancor? what are you talking about? my lack of humor? wtf? how can you classify someone who uses the term "new shit has come to light" as anything but funny?

tell me, mister 61 posts, what is it about my thinking that obama wants to sweep away? seriously...

i bring up your post count only to point out that i don't know you, and unless you've been lurking for a helluva' long time, you don't know me either.

believe me....i'm a humorous fucking guy! and one with NOT a bit of acceptance of ANYTHING that the bullshit current administration has put out there.

shit, i voted for bill. twice. and proud of it for the most part, but yeah, he and his cronies kind of descended into their own brand of self-congratulatory roman excess in the last couple years of their white house tenure, and i don't see as how anybody can separate that from a potential president hillary.

i've got some proposals too you know. how about this...i propose that you've been listening a little too intently to the media outlets that love hillary and are brainwashed into thinking that she'll do something completely at odds with what bill did, and will chart her own territory regardless of the conventional wisdom of someone whose family has been in bed with lobbyists and special interests for the better part of her professional life. how about that proposal?

we are in some agreement. i would gladly take bill's tenure over W's, i think that goes without saying if you've read any of my posts, but this is not 1992.

hillary's term in new york has been received well by an apparent majority in that state, but i don't live in new york anymore.

and what is this, a high school prom dance? who gives a flying fuck if they look cute together?

anne coulter and bill o'reilly might look like hansel and fucking gretl, but i wouldn't vote for 'em.

Feb 1, 08 4:15 pm  · 
 · 
sic transit gloria

Well, mr. 1711, excuse me, so I don't know you (like everyone on this forum knows everyone else - oh and look up the word "vamure" and you'll see why I picked that architectural term, which also goes for most everyone on here). I guess I can't state an opinion based on what I see.

I haven't read you on other threads where you might have been Mr. Laughs, I'm just responding to what I see in THIS thread - and not just from you. The rancor I was referring to was specifically towards H. Clinton and B. Clinton: yea, I can separate her from Bill's history, she's a different person (and no, I don't agree that the end of Bill's last term was ruined by anything but a witch hunt). How about if I say that your thinking on the Clinton's has been brainwashed by the media. I do my own reading and thinking on Hillary AND Obama, thanks very much, but I guess you haven't been reading MY posts.

Look, I'll just agree to disagree with you (and other anti-Clintonites) on this, because Hillary's record as a Senator doesn't bear out what you say (that she's in the pocket of lobbyists). Again, she started her run for President with approval ratings in the 70's, as did Obama, and last night they had very similar takes on what to do for this nation: so to say that Barack is electable by 60 percent and Hillary is not is to me just conjecture at this point. A lot is still left to happen.

Oh, and your last two statements show why you don't have any fucking humor about THIS particular issue, never mind anything else.

Feb 1, 08 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
oe

I think if hill wins at the convention and its close she doesnt have much choice but to pick up barack for VP. Hes riding such a movement right now, dumping that would be suicide for november. I dont think though that obama needs her as much as she needs him. If he wins I think hes much better off with someone like Richardson for VP; a governor, administrative experience, he fills the foreign policy gap and boosts the latino vote better than hill could and without the baggage.

In principal Id love to see a woman in the WH too, but frankly Hill is kryptonite right now.

Feb 1, 08 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

rancor!

Oh, and your last two statements show why you don't have any fucking humor about THIS particular issue, never mind anything else.

blatantly antagonistic speech here! did you see that? i'm being repressed! help help i'm being repressed!

Feb 1, 08 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Calm down. It will all be OK. I mean, things are going to get a little crazy on Tuesday, but it will all be OK.

I have something to say about Hillary but will post it over THERE.

Feb 1, 08 5:23 pm  · 
 · 
postal

oe, if obama doesn't win, we're keepin him for ourselves... can't let it go to waste... how bout Obama vs. Daley!!!

Feb 1, 08 5:32 pm  · 
 · 
sic transit gloria

you used the f word first, so there...

Oh, enough of this crap, it's getting old, and it's Friday.
Good weekend to everyone.

Feb 1, 08 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

sure vamure, you too - have a great weekend.

but you read up on some of this, and don't call me rancorous again.

(you used SHIT way before i used FUCK...just sayin'.)

i've got one helluva' penchant for ranting, and a pretty high wpm rate, so trust me...when i let loose, you won't want to be on the recieving end. ;-)

i'm about ready to run for office of my own.

(i think i'll run for county omBUDsman.)

Feb 1, 08 5:44 pm  · 
 · 
sic transit gloria

Damn, just when I was about to go to dinner, they pull me back in!! But, mightlylittleone, I can't let that pass.

I'll call you rancorous anytime I want if that's what I think you're being....just sayin'.

Wpm rate? Sheeeeeeat, I learned on manual typewriters, used to blister the things....bring it on ;-)

Ok, now I'm really outta here.

Feb 1, 08 6:53 pm  · 
 · 

you guys are goofy and cute.

Feb 1, 08 7:37 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Elimelech....that's great news :o)

Feb 1, 08 8:07 pm  · 
 · 
aking

Advisers to Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton Friday complained vehemently about an Obama campaign mailer that criticizes Clinton's health plan, with one adviser likening the mailer to "Nazis marching through Skokie, Illinois."

are u freaking kidding me. this seems way below the belt. how could this possibly help clinton. why would one of her advisers say something so incredibly insensitive. what could one possibly say that would warrant one to respond like this. and this is over mailers criticizing her "mandated" universal health care plan.

Feb 1, 08 8:29 pm  · 
 · 
toasteroven

super obama girl! (might not be safe for work)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIiMa2Fe-ZQ&eurl

well... if that's who is behind obama, he's got my vote.

Feb 1, 08 8:57 pm  · 
 · 
Elimelech

Eisenhower's granddaughter endorsement:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/01/AR2008020102621_pf.html

Illinois Democratic Primary Chicago Tribune Obama 55, Clinton 24
Obama +31

Tennessee Democratic Primary Rasmussen Clinton 49, Obama 35
Clinton +14

The TN poll numbers are interesting Obama has gained 19 points on Hillary. If that is telling of a trend this could be a good thing.

Feb 2, 08 9:21 am  · 
 · 
aking

will.i.am "yes we can"

LETS GET THE VIEW COUNT UP!!!!

Feb 2, 08 10:42 am  · 
 · 
aking

oops

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Sz4_aYMS6g

Feb 2, 08 10:50 am  · 
 · 
Elimelech

aking, that made me cry...

Feb 2, 08 11:12 am  · 
 · 
aking

this one too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yq0tMYPDJQ

Feb 2, 08 11:19 am  · 
 · 
oe

I rilly dont know if that helps...

Feb 2, 08 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I just got done watching Teddy Kennedy's endorsement speech from Monday. It brought tears to my eyes. It was so moving.

I just watched that will.i.am video and it made me cry too. Maybe my hormones are out of whack today!!!

Feb 2, 08 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
Elimelech

I am a guys that usually prides himself in being 'rational'. But I have to say that I have teared up many times in this campaign. The Iowa and SC win speeches, the Teddy and Caroline endorsement, this silly music video.

But the rational part of me is happy too:

for the experience people:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/20/opinion/20kristof.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

If you want experience, Dick Cheney is the most 'qualified', would you vote for him? It is not the MOST experience but the RIGHT experience that counts.

Feb 2, 08 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
Elimelech

take a couple of hours and call someone to tell them why you support Obama:

http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/phonebankinglanding/

I am taking a couple of hours this weekend and on Monday to do this. Also, think about emailing your friends with personal messages. We are in a crossroads, this is when action matters.

Feb 2, 08 3:26 pm  · 
 · 
Elimelech

Ethel Kennedy, Bobby Kennedy's wife, endorses Obama:

http://blogs.usatoday.com/onpolitics/2008/02/latest-in-kenne.html

Over these past few years, I’ve watched Senator Obama inspire Americans from all walks of life to believe in real change and a new sense of hope and possibility. He’s a magnetic force, drawing the nation together for the common good and galvanizing us all to help shape our country’s future.

Barack is so like Bobby, who struggled for the rights of the poor in the Mississippi Delta and Appalachia, traveled to California to stand in solidarity with Cesar Chavez and farm workers, and fought to end another war that cost so many lives.

Today, we crave a leader with vision who can help us regain our lost humanity and rekindle our inherent generosity. With courage, caring, and charisma, Senator Obama is leading us toward a kinder, gentler world.

Senator Obama’s candidacy sends out ‘ripples of hope’ that can build a ‘current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.’ I am proud to support Barack Obama, and look forward to him leading this country toward a brighter, more hopeful future.

Feb 2, 08 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
aking

vamure, your thoughts...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7007109937779036019

Feb 2, 08 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
Elimelech

even 'universal' health care (if she can even gather the coalition to pass it) is not worth going through this shit for 8 years. she is not even close to getting the nomination and the nastiness of the 90's has already began.

South Carolina's race card, using an ex-president as an attack dog (a vicious one at that), and this dude who sounds like he has a case. Do we really want this?

She will drag this nation down with her as she fights these people and all other shit that the Republicans will throw at her. Please stop her now.

obama '08

Feb 2, 08 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
sic transit gloria

Jeez, aking, this is getting way old, but OK, what I see is a video that asks me to believe everything this Peter Paul is saying, but, lo and behold, there's a judge quoted as saying "this individual is a con man, a totally corrupt individual, who couldn't be believed or trusted", so of course I have to believe that the judge is the corrupt one, because Peter Paul & Mary says so and the other talking heads he's got quacking for him are saying so (gee, I wonder what side of the political spectrum they're on).
But I will admit, I was wrong about her siding with the Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus, in light of these new Stan Lee allegations...Look, there's piles of this stuff on anyone who's been in office for a while, and you can edit a video or film to show any damn thing you want (see Farenheit 911). And don't think the Republican "supporters" won't be putting out similar "impartial" and "fair" videos about Barack, either.

But like I said, this is getting old, and I'm moving on (but you keep digging up this crap, knock yourself out). And now I'm going to shock you, because I will admit Hillary probably can't win. At a dinner last night, most people thought she would have little chance, but not because she wouldn't be a good candidate, but rather that the shit is piled on so thick now - and it's only going to be piled thicker- that she's probably done.

So, here's my plan: I'm going to vote in the primary (which in my state is too late to matter, but there you are), then in November I will support whoever is the winner, because either would be a good president, and either would be a historic first.
Oh, and forget my Obama/Clinton or Clinton/Obama thing, too, it ain't happening (although I still think it would be an awesome ticket): they will choose to go back to the Senate, where they can actually get stuff done. So let's just see how this thing shakes out.

Oh, and I love that Anne Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, and the other conservative talking heads hate their front runner...Anne's gonna vote for Hillary...bwahahahah...I love it, I love it, I love it.

Ok, now I'm going to make some tea (damn colds).

Feb 2, 08 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
aking

vamure, it's not anything personal at all. heck i don't even know you. i just wanted your input on this video. i was not aware of it until today. people will dismiss the video b/c the guy who made it is a crook. a crook who hillary and bill seemed real chummy with at some point.

i know none of the candidates are pure but this kind of stuff is scary. maybe the mudslinging is one sided but there just seems to be an awful lot of mud available on the clinton side.

i really would like to see a woman in the white house but i don't know if its hillary's time or ever will be (and to think a couple of months ago i was on the fence). i would much rather have a young candidate with fresh eyes and the ability to inspire. my vote is all the way with obama.

Feb 2, 08 6:07 pm  · 
 · 
sic transit gloria

Aking, didn't take it personal, no worries: just toning it down a little and letting things play out, like I said.

Yes, there is an awful lot of mud available on the Clinton side, too, but that's exactly what makes me a little suspicious - not of the Clintons, but of the ones putting this stuff out - methinks they doth protest a little too much. And what's in their closet, anyway, let's look there a little.

Feb 2, 08 6:17 pm  · 
 · 
sic transit gloria

and by that I don't mean posters at Archinect, either.

Feb 2, 08 6:18 pm  · 
 · 
Elimelech

Obamacans

http://www.newsweek.com/id/107476

Feb 3, 08 12:54 am  · 
 · 
c.k.

an amazing race indeed. I only wish I could vote.

Feb 3, 08 1:15 am  · 
 · 
toasteroven
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LOvWoK_8f8
Feb 3, 08 10:35 am  · 
 · 
toasteroven

ooops - someone already posted it...

Feb 3, 08 10:36 am  · 
 · 

I am very excited to go to the Boston rally tomorrow, we are trying to put a group together. Folks that have experience in this type of thing, any suggestions on how early we should get there to get in?

I am hopeful because an ongoing informal poll at the GSD shows that about 75% of the students support Obama. Now if we all vote...

Feb 3, 08 11:11 am  · 
 · 
aking

its all good... this one is the 12th most viewed on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjXyqcx-mYY

Feb 3, 08 11:18 am  · 
 · 
Elimelech

Gallup poll has Obama within 2 points of Hillary nationally.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/democratic_presidential_nomination-191.html

Let's talk to our friends, encourage people to vote, every vote counts this year.

Feb 3, 08 2:17 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

if obama was a football team, would he be the pats or the giants?
if obama was a quarterback, which payton would he be?
if obama was a cheerleader, what would his cheer be?

Feb 3, 08 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
Elimelech

OBAMA IS LEADING CA, gaining in other states:
http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN0345866120080203?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&rpc=22&sp=true

Feb 3, 08 3:02 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: