Archinect
anchor

Obama '08

aking

If its that close it will be super delegates deciding...

Feb 6, 08 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

and llamas

Feb 6, 08 1:44 pm  · 
 · 

Llamas. Hilarious!

Speaking of "hilarity", Patrick, i can't believe you called me Hillary! (shakes fist in air)

Just kidding. All things being equal, yesterday was way more interesting to me than the Super Bowl on Sunday (OK maybe the last 10 minutes of the game were as good as last night). I keep staring at the maps and then the delegate totals and back to the maps again. I'm glad for McCain, but isn't it weird that he's doing so well in the bigger states and Romney and Huckabee are doing so well in the others? I am perplexed that they keep saying "Romney is doing so poorly" but when you look at the map, he picked up several states. This election is quite the roller coaster ride.

Whoops, this thread is about Obama. Yay Obama. I really thought the race was going to be closer in California..... but, I don't know if you guys heard about this, but there were a LOT of problems with the "decline-to-state" voters here yesterday. The LAist talks about it here. From what I heard, there were many, many people voting provisionally, which means the true results of CA may not be known for over a month. Remember folks, a couple of percentage points in California is like a couple states of Rhode Island, so getting all of the votes counted is important!

Feb 6, 08 5:02 pm  · 
 · 
oe
http://thepage.time.com/transcript-of-dean-interview-on-inside-city-hall/

I honestly cant believe how close to the wire this thing has come. This election has been agonizing. California was a real heart break. Its good to see Obama coming up and the Clinton machine finally running out of money, something, anything to start to bury this thing.

I also actually really like Dean. I mean hes a terrible campaigner and Im amazed he got as far in 04 as he did, but hes got a good mind. The best thing would be if people just came together and made a deal that who ever had more elected delegates after March 4 could take the nomination and whoever was behind had the VP, but with all the superdelagate shit Im sure Hillary would never agree to that. Fortunately enough the next few states are very good for Obama, so hopefully he can just get on a tear from here on out.

But goddamn, if not there is gonna be a friggin war at the convention.

Feb 6, 08 7:26 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

solomon, who will be the solomon of the Democratic Party?

Although Solomon was young, he soon became known for his wisdom. The first and most famous incident of his cleverness as a judge was when two women came to his court with a baby whom both women claimed as their own. Solomon threatened to split the baby in half. One woman was prepared to accept the decision, but the other begged the King to give the live baby to the other woman. Solomen then knew the second woman was the mother.

something tells me, and perhaps it's my "male" intuition, that if Dem leaders came to both Hillary and Obama, it'd be Hillary that'd have the "baby=party" ripped in half.

Feb 6, 08 9:16 pm  · 
 · 
sic transit gloria

"Look out, there are llamas!!"

link

Feb 8, 08 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

i love the llama song.

Feb 8, 08 1:46 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

okay, so 20-21 states for Obama, HRC money troubles, HRC demoting the campaign manager, and HRC pretty much conceding the month of February looking forward to TX, OH, and PA, one question. is HRC going the way of the Rudy Giuliani campaign, in terms of tactics? can't they see that as time passes, and BO wins more of the country that she has less to look forward to?

Feb 10, 08 8:38 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

ObamaBump

Feb 15, 08 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

here's my baby!

Feb 15, 08 2:13 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?
i wanted to start a thread - but resisted

it was to be:

OBAWOMAMA

The First Woman President?

Obama's campaign bends gender conventions

By Martin Linsky | Special Guest Columnist
Feb 26, 2008 | Updated: 11:49 a.m. ET Feb 26, 2008

It has been a rarity in modern political life: a wide-open race for the nomination of both parties. But whatever happens from here on out, this campaign will always be remembered for the emergence of the first serious woman candidate for president: Barack Obama.

Obama is a female candidate for president in the same way that Bill Clinton was the first black president.

It was Toni Morrison who first had the insight. In a 1998 essay in the New Yorker, the Nobel Prize-winning author described Bill Clinton as "the first black president," commenting on his saxophone playing and his displaying "almost every trope of blackness."

Obama doesn't play the sax. But he is pushing against conventional—and political party nominating convention—wisdom in five important ways, with approaches that are usually thought of as qualities and values that women bring to organizational life: a commitment to inclusiveness in problem solving, deep optimism, modesty about knowing all the answers, the courage to deliver uncomfortable news, not taking on all the work alone, and a willingness to air dirty linen. Hillary Clinton, on the other hand, is taking a more traditional (and male?) authoritarian approach.

Feb 27, 08 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
oe

Women are, optimists?

Feb 27, 08 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
postal

hmmm... send a note to my fiance about #3

Feb 27, 08 5:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: