Archinect
anchor

Architectural WIKI Crowd Source?

RX10101010

Hi howya doing!  Just joined archinect.com.  Ive been on lots of other design/architecture/art sites but this ones looks great!  Im a creative type who has various training and involvement in fields ranging from architectural design, art, writing,  internet media, etc.  Im currently In the process of architectural research and would like to get some input and share my ideas on the forums.

Well Im currently in the process of a new project Im working on, and am collaborating through various networks on the web.  Id like to crowd source further and coalesce  with some like minds.  My current project is architectural in nature and some what community driven.  I am doing research into alternative architectural design of an advanced nature relating to financially frugal housing options.  Facets of note are OFF GRID housing, sustainable design, green design,  low cost materials, and modular characteristics all the while exhibiting dynamic aesthetics.  This will be for the new artists retreat I am building.  From these design variables have derived a stream of solutions that display the previous traits: Container Mods/ Pre Fab/ Inflatables/ Conics/ Geodesics/ Pods/  Portable Modules/ Origami/  Bubbles/ ertc.  The flow of information has led me in a direction of something very architecturally unique in nature.  The end point will hopefully be a modern dwelling OFF GRID out in the wilderness where I can immersed in a serene creative environment and can advance my community driven projects.  Im on the Net on lots of nature sites getting a feel for the environmentl issues.  Doing this all on a very modest budget, hence the design innovation necessary.  Vacillating around expending $15ooo.00 or so total.  I have discovered some very striking structures in the $1ooo to 1oooo range so I think this is feasible.  IE: The Hemp Zepplin.  The remaining is the procurement of land and services.  Ive already combined my criteria and research interactively with lots of communities and am making significant progress.

Now Im looking to take it to the next level and create a WIKI or platform of some sort  to  filter, focus and expand the information into a completed project collaboratively.  I am looking at architecture WIKIS, realty WIKIS,  and crowd source funding platforms.  Do you have any experience with crowd sourcing of this nature?  Ive encountered a number of WIKI crowd source sites such as archello, openarchitecturenetwork,  arkbazzar,  studio WIKItecture, etc,, that look promising.  Any bright ideas on something that would facilitate a  project of this nature are appreciated.   But with this WIKI I would like to assemble a hierarchy of designs,  pinpoint services for assembly, delivery, and installation, and maybe even locate land to institute the initial  process onto.  I can pour a degree of resource into this.  Such as maybe awards or compensation of some sort as well.  Yah if you've got any ideas on WIKI technology to crowd source this it would be great.  Or any neat cost sensitive design links. Pictures of Possible designs are affixed.  THX!   And look forward to interacting on my projects and others on this site!

Feb 21, 12 6:29 am

I looked but couldn't find an image of the "The Hemp Zepplin" maybe that is why you didn't post an image of it?..

More seriously have you not heard of the WikiHouse project? A printable, sharable "home" 

Feb 21, 12 9:33 pm  · 
 · 
RX10101010

http://coloradocollege.edu/Bulletin/March2005/images/hemphouse.jpg

I dont know if its available commercially. But I think its very cool for the price.  Could probably link up about 3 of these together. This was actually a crowd source project itself.  

And yes the WikiHouse looks very cool.  I dont know if its what Im after though.  If im not mistaken it works under somewhat constrained guidelines.  But I dont know if you could use it for looking into all kinds of stuff, especially pre-processed or pre fab materials that you could mod. Or existing architectural artifacts to utilize.  As well as the whole project initiation process from start to completed building.

Feb 24, 12 12:52 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: