· 

Sep 9, 16 7:19 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

whose next?

Sep 9, 16 7:21 pm  · 
 · 
Gloominati

I wonder where he went.  My guess for his next fake career is meteorologist.  Somewhere he's on a weatherman site making new friends.  They have weather in Astoria.  He's been studying it since 1985.

Sep 9, 16 7:36 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

oh that guy

Sep 9, 16 7:39 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Was gin ever not cool? 

If it's hot I've got Gin + Tonic, if it's cold I've got scotch. I may be millenial but I drink like a grandpa.

Sep 9, 16 8:29 pm  · 
 · 
archanonymous

i'll dip a toe back in. not convinced he's gone though. 

i'd be down to meet up chicago. but i'm southside. Might be tough to make it to LP after work on mon-thurs. west loop is a good in between. also... its getting cold, so... whiskey bar?

Donna, make some mint simple syrup. a tiny splash of that in some bourbon over ice is the perfect summertime drink.

Simmer a bunch of chopped up mint in 1.5 cup water 1 cup granulated white sugar for 45 minutes then strain through a cheese cloth. 

Sep 9, 16 9:23 pm  · 
 · 
mantaray

archanon, that's a pretty optimistic "it's getting cold"...

I'd be down for west loop.  I can get pretty much anywhere after work pretty easily. 

Has anyone been to the Milk Room yet?  Donna if you and yer man ever do a romantic getaway in the old second city, you should get yourself 2 of the 8 spots in there... it's right up your alley.  And the renovation of the athletic association is TOPS.

Actually the "library" bar in there would be a GREAT spot for an archinect meetup...

Sep 9, 16 9:33 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
The Sazerac is a local New Orleans variation of a Cognac or whiskey cocktail, named for the Sazerac de Forge et Fils brand of Cognac brandy that served as its original main ingredient. Wikipedia
Main alcohol: Cognac, Rye whiskey
Ingredients: 1/4 oz Absinthe, One sugar cube, 1 1/2 oz Rye whiskey or Cognac, Three dashes Peychaud's Bitters
Preparation: Rinse a chilled old-fashioned glass with the absinthe, add crushed ice and set it aside. Stir the remaining ingredients over ice and set it aside. Discard the ice and any excess absinthe from the prepared glass, and strain the drink into the glass. Add the Lemon peel for garnish.
Served: Straight up; without ice
Standard garnish: Lemon peel
Drinkware: Old Fashioned glass
Sep 9, 16 9:39 pm  · 
 · 
Library Bar? Are you talking about the lobby area? I'd be down for Loop/West Loop.
Sep 9, 16 10:22 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Sazerec Rye: its been done left in my liquor cabinet from last years party by the man of the dude who liked my archinect t-shirt (dudes have boyfriends these days, possibly from Tex-ass!)...

Really, who brings Rye to a beerfest!  well if they do, and as the host you oblige as any host would do, hold your Hennessy and Beer in hand as so and like after 5 shots of Sazerec Rye, your t-shirt and the DJ booth will look like this, bad Sazerec, bad Sazerec....

Sep 9, 16 10:51 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

almost a day with zero posts, and i swear, i'm going here.

Sep 9, 16 11:05 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Sep 9, 16 11:12 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

ASTORIA!!!!!

Sep 9, 16 11:19 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

I love me some percussion!

Sep 9, 16 11:29 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

no.

Sep 9, 16 11:32 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

yes.

Sep 9, 16 11:33 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

early Foghat.

Sep 9, 16 11:34 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

was denn, nicht Kraftwerk?!?

Sep 9, 16 11:56 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Architect!

Sep 10, 16 12:00 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Blixa!

Sep 10, 16 12:02 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

ja, und.

Sep 10, 16 12:08 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

OR!

Sep 10, 16 12:10 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Sep 10, 16 12:14 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

you were saying something...

I was

oh, right, freedom!

god bless America! fuck the banks

Sep 10, 16 12:36 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

did you meet Ms. America?

Sep 10, 16 12:47 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

wait, wait, she's on the phone!

Sep 10, 16 12:53 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

getting a message for the middle east, hold on...

unscrambled, we workin' on it

Sep 10, 16 1:02 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

what about America, Ms. America what are you asking of us?

is that for banking purposes?

I wake up every morning happy, I'm American.

Sep 10, 16 1:07 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

MASTER!

Sep 10, 16 7:28 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I don't get it

Sep 10, 16 7:31 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

What's not to get; we're Ballskid free, and we're partying like it's 2014! Bitches!

Sep 10, 16 7:47 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

haha, that was fun...didn't get that much work done - Kill Mother Fucking Depeche Mode (not what it actually means)
Like 1999 NS, like 1999!

Sep 10, 16 8:46 am  · 
 · 
Schoon

Moved into a new place with no air conditioning last Thursday, and thought I could get by without buying one since fall was almost here...  This heat wave sure proved me wrong!

That, combined with the fact that the internet won't be installed for a week makes coffee shops my refuge.

Sep 10, 16 10:14 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

A Saturday without Balkins:

Sep 10, 16 10:54 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Shoon, you get a Prince Emoji!

Sep 10, 16 11:58 am  · 
 · 
no_form
Ricky Ballskins is officially banned?
Sep 10, 16 1:01 pm  · 
 · 

Hi TC, loving the gif/meme blast.

I can confirm Denver meetup happened. Pics were taken but not by me.

Happy Sat y'all!

Sep 10, 16 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
I haven't seen a Ballskid post in nearly two days.
Sep 10, 16 4:00 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Nam, who took pictures?

Sep 10, 16 7:23 pm  · 
 · 
JeromeS

7pm, Septmeber 9- it hardly been 24hrs

Sep 10, 16 10:58 pm  · 
 · 
no_form
Someone asked about working as an unlicensed architect. That's Ballskin fodder if I've ever seen it.
Sep 10, 16 11:11 pm  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

I took pictures... see it's revealed... Wurdan Freo is actually... dun dan dun... wait for it...

Ted Mosby... Architect!

Sep 11, 16 12:01 am  · 
 · 
If he's Ted Mosby, then I'm Lance Hardwood.
Sep 11, 16 12:27 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Jerome, you must be running a busted version of Archinect, cause I ain't seen a Ballskid post in over two days.

Sep 11, 16 2:08 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Fuck with the bull, you get the Animal.

Sep 11, 16 9:20 am  · 
 · 

b3ta, not sure what you're going on about. Balkins was posting while you were celebrating. His last(?)/most recent post is the second post at the top of this page. 7:19pm on Sept 9.

I'm not sure if you just popped the cork early, or if you know something the rest of us don't because of your connections. At any rate, I'm not going to believe it until there is some sort of confirmation. He's gone a few days without posting before. Was there some announcement I just missed while not frequenting the site as much?

Sep 11, 16 12:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: