Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

^ To feed all my puppies?

Sep 8, 16 6:06 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

RED PANDA'S WON'T LET ME STROKE THEIR SKIN, THE WAY DISNEY WOULD, WALT DISNEY!

Sep 8, 16 6:22 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

WOW, 100 MPH WINDS, HURRICANE FORCE, ALL WINTER! SOUNDS LIKE THE ENVIRONMENT ON URANUS.

MINE, IT'S LIKE PLUTO COLD, ALL WINTER.

Sep 8, 16 6:23 pm  · 
 · 
no_form

"How's the idea of having puppies and concert halls flying past your face sound to you? 

This is what fall and winter weather is like in our locale."

Sep 8, 16 6:37 pm  · 
 · 

Census Bureau,

Who the hell sends data about projects to them?

The puppies?

Sep 8, 16 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
Flatfish

The Census Bureau collects monthly data from all states on labor and capital in manufacturing, mining, and construction.  States collect the data from state agencies regarding permitting, labor, etc., and from municipalities.  It's one of the most comprehensive sources for US construction spending.  Seems like the sort of thing you would pretend you already knew about.  Wikipedia down tonight?

Sep 8, 16 7:05 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

once you get a hospital involved, puppies are no longer low budget

Sep 8, 16 7:35 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

I hate driving down the interstate when it's raining puppies, fuckin' scratches my windshield and I have to replace the damn wiper blades everytime!

Sep 8, 16 8:06 pm  · 
 · 
no_form

if that hospital is under 4000sf and less than 20ft in height you don't need a "veterinarian".  just an animal healer will do.  

Sep 8, 16 8:07 pm  · 
 · 
Flatfish

Tthe "Animal Healer" can call himself "Veterinarian" if the puppies look like Norwegian Elkhounds or Danish Pointers, or if the hospital is in American Samoa.

Sep 8, 16 8:32 pm  · 
 · 
If the hospital is in American Samoa, there's a damn good chance the puppies are WWE wrestlers or NFL linebackers.
Sep 8, 16 9:20 pm  · 
 · 
Schoon

I'd pay good money to see puppy wrestling. Think of the little costumes!

Sep 8, 16 9:41 pm  · 
 · 
You just know a Golden Retriever will win the title...they're Golden!
Sep 8, 16 9:49 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

bust a move

Sep 8, 16 10:53 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

K4L!

Sep 8, 16 11:20 pm  · 
 · 

The Census Bureau collects monthly data from all states on labor and capital in manufacturing, mining, and construction.  States collect the data from state agencies regarding permitting, labor, etc., and from municipalities.  It's one of the most comprehensive sources for US construction spending.  Seems like the sort of thing you would pretend you already knew about.  Wikipedia down tonight?

*roll eyes*

Construction spending not number of projects.

Two different things.

Aside from that, you didn't catch the joke I made above. 

Sep 9, 16 1:22 am  · 
 · 
gruen
I'm seeing a bit of a slow down. I have room for 4 or 5 more projects right now, and more worrying is that I have little to hand off too the staff. Things are more high level planning or consulting, not drafting or production. I will have to lay off if something does not come in.
Sep 9, 16 7:50 am  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

Yo Oregonians!  Heading to Portland for three short days. Going to check out the gorge. Probably Cannon beach (gotta get my Goonies fix!) The wife is trying to convince me to drive to crater lake.  What say ye?  Worth the 10 hour round tripper? 

Sep 9, 16 11:53 am  · 
 · 
Flatfish

Rick the Census Bureau collects construction spending AND number of projects AND total square feet of construction, and lots of other things. 

The % I quoted was indeed number of projects, as I stated.

The % of total construction spending on residential in 2015 was 40.05% - i.e. slightly higher than the percentage of a ll projects that were residential, because residential has a higher average cost per square foot than all types of commercial combined.  (because while something like an emergency room typically costs far more per square foot than the average kitchen renovation, the cost per square foot of grocery warehouses is considerably less.)

Sep 9, 16 11:58 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Wurdan

I hear Astoria is the center of the universe. There must be a killer amateur theatre scene there worth checking out.

Sep 9, 16 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
JeromeS

There is a lot of tech going on there too.  Some buzz over software and app development for 20th century computing- something with magnetic storage on polyester film wound around a reel.  Seems as though the only "affordable" housing is basement/attic of existing SFR. 

Sep 9, 16 12:32 pm  · 
 · 
no_form

JeromeS - you're killing me.  great analysis of that west coast boom town.  

Sep 9, 16 12:36 pm  · 
 · 

Sep 9, 16 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

yo TC,

Denver archinect meet-up tonight for happy hour after work... PM me if anyone wants to come and aren't already.

Sep 9, 16 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I'd come... but the 3 time zones are a little problematic.

Sep 9, 16 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

You had enough notice. 3 time zones aren't that many. We have flying aluminum sky tubes. 

Sep 9, 16 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

I won't be able to make denver tonight, but send some live tweets!  or texts.  or forums posts.  whatever.  pics or it didn't happen

Sep 9, 16 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

If you leave now, curt, you can still make it. 

Sep 9, 16 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Sky tubes? No way!
Sep 9, 16 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

it would be 8:30 or 9:00 pm by the time i got there if i left right now.  longer if i stopped to grab the dogs.  i can't stay up much past that any more.  getting old and tired.

Sep 9, 16 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Wurdan: If you've only got 3 days, save Crater Lake for another time. It's a weekend in itself. ...And there's so much beauty between Portland and Crater you could easily fill a week. The coast is also father away than it seems, but doable in a day if you get an early start.

If you'd like I can PM you my "Portland for Non-Touristy Tourists" guide that I send to friends who visit. It's mostly food + drink, because Portlanders mostly just eat + drink, but there are a few under the radar nature / sightseeing spots.

Sep 9, 16 1:46 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

curt, yeah, we are all old too, that's too late. Next time. 

Sep 9, 16 1:54 pm  · 
 · 

We should do a Chicago Archinect meetup - blackorchid, archanonymous, mantaray, you in?

And anyone else I missed.

Sep 9, 16 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

tduds... that would be awesome!  Thanks!

Sep 9, 16 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I like Chicago.

I had a delicious Frank Lloyd Wright cocktail at the Big Bar a few years back.

Sep 9, 16 2:14 pm  · 
 · 

Yo Oregonians!  Heading to Portland for three short days. Going to check out the gorge. Probably Cannon beach (gotta get my Goonies fix!) The wife is trying to convince me to drive to crater lake.  What say ye?  Worth the 10 hour round tripper? 

You and your wife needs more than three days for all that if you add Crater Lake. 

There is a lot to enjoy in the Oregon scenery but you nee the time to capture the experience. Try to do too much in too short of time, you would only be cheating you and your wife of the experience. 

The wham! bam! Thank You, ma'am! approach just doesn't work for capturing and experiencing the place.

Sep 9, 16 2:25 pm  · 
 · 

PS: Just so you know, if you go Highway 26, it bypasses Astoria to the south and Highway 26 connects to the 101 just on the south side of Seaside. To see Astoria, you'll have to drive north along the 101 (the main highway)  to Astoria. If you go south from the Highway 26 / 101 "Intersection", you'll reach Cannon Beach in a short bit. If you go a little further south, you can visit Arch Cape and Tillimook. 

Sep 9, 16 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Page 1200. dang.

If hotdogs were health foods, I'd be on a health kick. These things are amazing, you buy a package of 8 and you have lunch all week with some to spare. 

Sep 9, 16 2:48 pm  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

Thanks rick. 

Tintt... that's hilarious. I bought a 20 pack of hebrew nationals and was eating hot dogs all day every day... got through about half the pack and started to feel a little gross and stopped eating them... ok the real reason I stopped is because I only bought one pack of hot dog buns. Doh!

Sep 9, 16 2:59 pm  · 
 · 

WHY DO THEY SELL HOTDOGS IN PACKS OF 10 BUT BUNS IN PACKS OF 8?!!!??!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!??!?!

Sep 9, 16 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Mine came in an 8 pack. I dig the kosher dogs too. It has to be a phase I'm going through though, before last week, I think I ate 2 hotdogs over 20 years.

Sep 9, 16 3:09 pm  · 
 · 

It's very rare that I eat a hotdog, mainly with how laden with sodium they are. I have an inner ear condition where I have to reduce sugar and salt intake. Otherwise, I feel like hell.

Sep 9, 16 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

hotdogs must be houses in top-sliced buns.... and grilled.

Sep 9, 16 3:26 pm  · 
 · 
mantaray

I'd be in, josh. Assuming sitter availability and all.

There's a good gin joint not far from my place of employ.

Sep 9, 16 4:24 pm  · 
 · 

Mantaray, you wouldn't happen to be talking about Scofflaw would you? That place got me hooked on gin (and is three blocks from my house).

Sep 9, 16 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
makingspace

LA archinector happy hour?

Sep 9, 16 4:46 pm  · 
 · 
mantaray

Actually no--although everyone always goes on to me about Scofflaw! I hear it's good. Been a gin drinker since BEFORE IT WAS COOL. (Aka the 1910s, of course. I'm ancient.)

I work in LP. There's a new bar by pequods with a good gin selection. But I'd be down for scofflaw, it's not too far off my commute route.

Sep 9, 16 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

This site is so much better, now that Ballskid has been banned!

Sep 9, 16 6:30 pm  · 
 · 
You guys, these last two pages of TC have been delightful. You all are a funny, smart group of people!

Pics and tweets from the Denver meetup, for real! We want to enjoy vicariously.

Non Seq, I'm with you: grilled, top split. Grill the buns, too.

Is gin cool now? I love s gin and tonic in the heat, but bourbon is still my first love.
Sep 9, 16 6:40 pm  · 
 · 
proto

"This site is so much better, now that Ballskid has been banned!"

what'd I miss? he posted up above this afternoon

Sep 9, 16 6:45 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: