Sarah Hamilton
Joffrey
Jun 15, 15 2:03 pm  · 
 · 

LOL why Joffrey? And isn't it Geoffrey?

Jun 15, 15 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton
And since I don't want to focus on the drama/stress in my own life, Donna, can you give more details about your situation? I want to seeth with you! Seething sisters!!
Jun 15, 15 2:05 pm  · 
 · 

Also I watched the movie Serenity last night, after watching the whole season of Firefly over the last few weeks (with Angus). Josh Whedon is SO GOOD at the big moral questions!

Jun 15, 15 2:05 pm  · 
 · 

Sarah, I can't, as legal action might be already underway or coming soon. That's why I couched it in ALL the activities I'm involved with, so as not to relate any details. I'll confirm that the turd with legs represents as a human male, but that's it.

Jun 15, 15 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
Mr_Wiggin

I always found it's better to refer to people like that by an innocuous nickname that becomes an inside joke, to the point that no one knows who started it, it's more fun that way...

Jun 15, 15 2:56 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton
Joffrey is the psychopath prince in game of thrones. He's super evil, although not as evil as a Bolton. If you never read Game of Thrones, you should. They are really good. We just started watching the series (a student gave me seasons 1-3 and they aren't even bootlegged!). I'm having trouble with it just because the characters keep mispronouncing their own names. Bookworm problems.
Jun 15, 15 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton
And Holy Hell is it humid today. I'm finally having my sofa cleaned, so the door is open to the house, and the A/C is off. My hair must be 3' tall!
Jun 15, 15 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
rationalist

yeah, he sounds like a bit of a Joffrey. I could also see calling him Peter Gregory, after the personable but terrible venture capitalist on Silicon Valley. 
This reminds me of the time you guys gave a nickname to a horrible person I worked with—at this point I still think of her as "Crystal Light" and have forgotten her real name.

Jun 15, 15 3:41 pm  · 
 · 

Crystal Light! I had forgotten her! LOL.

I could refer to him as Reaver, since I just finished Firefly, and the Reavers rape, eat, and kill people (in that order) for fun

Jun 15, 15 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
rationalist

I'm so curious what this dude has done to deserve such a terrible nickname.

Jun 15, 15 4:15 pm  · 
 · 

What's the deal with this Ask Me Anything doctor dude's thread? He says AMA then never comes back to answer any questions? Was he just gloating over us, do you think?

Jun 16, 15 8:33 am  · 
 · 

Either sleep deprived or abusing the meds, maybe both.

I used to belong to the AMA.

Jun 16, 15 9:24 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton
You guys are getting deep on the Diagram thread. Also, Miles and Donna are fighting for the same team!
Jun 16, 15 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
Yes, Sarah! I enjoy the Miles I agree with so much!
Jun 16, 15 8:25 pm  · 
 · 

Uh oh. 

Jun 16, 15 8:53 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton
Donna and Miles sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G.....

(Please appreciate what a PIA it was typing that on an iPhone in the app)
Jun 16, 15 10:30 pm  · 
 · 
Schoon

Moving is so incredibly stressful... Although I was only moving 2 blocks into a new building, my old building is just starting renovations and kicked everyone out a week before my new lease actually began. So I moved all of my stuff into a corner of the new apartment (since the previous resident hadn't moved out yet), took the bare essentials and crashed on a friend's couch until yesterday. And even though I'm all moved in and settled now I still can't pick up my key until my official move-in day (tomorrow). And having job interviews every day this week doubled the stress... but it's almost over now and the stress is starting to recede. At least my bedroom has an incredible view of the Philly skyline!

Jun 17, 15 10:52 am  · 
 · 
Carrera

Schoon, well look at it this way....you could have been living in The Dakota with this $26 Million view:

Jun 17, 15 2:00 pm  · 
 · 

The PoS $3.5m spec house across the street from my studio is being occupied. It is now day four of moving vans - big ones cycling in and out. Also various contractors and a landscape crew has been there twice already for a couple hours of loud mowing and blowing. The street is largely impassable.

There goes the neighborhood ...

Jun 17, 15 3:17 pm  · 
 · 
Schoon

Ha, my last view was worst that that, if you can believe it. I was just looking at the oposited extension of the building. There was so little light in my apt that all my plants died... But now I can have cacti again!

Jun 17, 15 3:19 pm  · 
 · 

Sarah I think if you email Big Green Head he can help you figure out your password so you can sign in on your computer again, yes?

Ugh, I wore my severe black suit today in an attempt to be intimidating for a meeting. I'm not good at being intimidating. I did manage to look away before rolling my eyes at something someone said, though.

Jun 17, 15 4:07 pm  · 
 · 

Can I rant for a moment about how thick-headed right wingers seem to be? I'm sure you can find examples of left-wingers being thick-headed too, but seriously:

Trump announces his ridiculous run for president using the Neil Young song Rockin' In The Free World​. Rush Limbaugh uses Ohio by The Pretenders. Reagan uses Born In The USA. Do these people just not listen to the lyrics?!? Do they have that little respect for an artist's intent? Can they only see the things they want to see and are truly that ignorant?

And if those three humans themselves can't see the conflict between the messages in these songs and their own world view, aren't they surrounded by people they pay well to make sure they don't make this kind of blundering mistake?!?

I cannot fathom it.

Jun 17, 15 9:01 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Kudos to Young.

Jun 17, 15 9:08 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

Donna - some people thrive on cognitive dissonance. I think the conflict excites them.

Jun 17, 15 9:24 pm  · 
 · 
Carrera

Doesn't Trump run in every election? Think it's a good thing, may be the only way we'll ever find out what's really going on with his hair:)

Jun 17, 15 9:49 pm  · 
 · 

DNC press secretary Holly Shulman pwned the entire Republican field with her press release after Trump announced:

“Today, Donald Trump became the second major Republican candidate to announce for president in two days. He adds some much-needed seriousness that has previously been lacking from the GOP field, and we look forward hearing more about his ideas for the nation.“

Jun 17, 15 10:18 pm  · 
 · 
snooker-doodle-dandy

I'm holding my breath on Donald Trump....I want to see who the first Republican Candidate he fire in Iowa is.......It will tell us a lot about our next  Presidential Election Winner.  Saying that with a smirk.....

Donna you don't want to get me going on Names......Well  then ......you could choose to call him "Pencil Dick"......this is only if he is an Architect...

Night  All.....  Miles do you ever turn you lights off....there shining in my windows and I have been moving for four days and I need some sleep....Left Connecticut  and have arrived in the Hamptons!

Jun 17, 15 11:10 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton
Snook, did you actually MOVE, or it's just vacation?

Also, has anybody seen this:
http://architizer.com/blog/8-modern-mosques/

Most of the spaces are lovely, and I'd go through the sinus-washing again to enter them, but this last one by Venturella is harsh. My initial reaction was "that looks like a man being guillotined." Anybody else see that? Could just be me. I always see the Browning logo as a man in a hoodie on fire, and not a deer.

Let me see if I can paste the image here... Nope. No dice. Someone with a computer will have to try for me. Maybe Donna is right. I should email Big Green Head.

Sarah Hamilton
Jun 18, 15 10:09 am  · 
 · 
Mr_Wiggin

Donna, if you like campaign songs you should check out Rick Perry's song he used for his announcement last week.  If there ever was a song for a Texas Republican that was the song...  It's awful...

Jun 18, 15 10:13 am  · 
 · 

Oh, heavens, Sarah, I don't think I would have seen the beheading in that last one but now that you said it I can't UNsee it!  Talk about gallows humor, oh my. I need a shower now!

Jun 18, 15 10:14 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton
The mosque by Henning Larsen is my favorite in that list.

And Wiggin, that is amazingly AWEFUL/perfect. Wow. How did I miss that?!
Jun 18, 15 12:08 pm  · 
 · 

Oh god no.

“Rick Perry supporter, let’s protect our border,” an artist rapped in the song

Again: This is white appropriation of a culture it despises taken to a blisteringly un-aware degree. It literally turns my stomach.

Jun 18, 15 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Just once I'd like to see someone blast some Dead Kennedys... Holiday in Cambodia would be a good choice.

Jun 18, 15 12:19 pm  · 
 · 

Wait, isn't Jello Biafra DKs, and didn't he run for mayor of San Francisco or something?

Jun 18, 15 1:14 pm  · 
 · 

Yep.

The Dead Kennedy's frontman, who ran for mayor of San Francisco in 1979 (and came in fourth with 3.79 percent of the vote) on a platform that included requiring businessmen to wear clown suits within city limits, and has been a poster child for antiauthority sentiment and rabble-rousing left-wing politics in San Francisco ever since, promises to bring the revolutionary spirit the City by the Bay has always fostered to City Hall's 100th birthday party.

Biafra will perform "Let's Lynch the Landlord," a tune off the first Dead Kennedys EP, Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables (which features a picture of a burning SFPD squad car on the cover), that is sure to ring true to San Franciscans who have seen their rent increase, neighbors evicted, and neighborhoods gentrified.

Jun 18, 15 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Correct Donna, I knew he got into politics, just not the extent of his commitment. Apparently he's part of the green party now.

From his wiki:

In 2000, the New York State Green Party drafted Biafra as a candidate for the Green Party presidential nomination, and a few supporters were elected to the party's nominating convention in Denver, Colorado. Biafra chose death row inmate Mumia Abu-Jamal as his running mate. The party overwhelmingly chose Ralph Nader as the presidential candidate with 295 of the 319 delegate votes. Biafra received 10 votes.

Jun 18, 15 1:29 pm  · 
 · 

Not to derail the annoying off-topic and utterly inane political BS on TC, but what's up with that terminator dude - is that his first project or what?

Jun 18, 15 1:39 pm  · 
 · 

I'm more annoyed by the Orhan-bashing going on on the diagram thread. WTF?

Jun 18, 15 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
kickrocks

Every forum needs a common enemy to pass off their frustrations on. Since the departure of the last easy target, there's currently an empty void. Orhan is the unfortunate innocent bystander.

Jun 18, 15 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton
I didn't get it either, Donna. I never thought he was being called before, and after catching up on the last page, BAM! There it is. So strange. Almost turretsyan. How's that for a made up word?
Jun 18, 15 3:35 pm  · 
 · 

Turretsyan is a great word, but I think spelled "Tourettesian" it would be more accessible to most.

kickrocks, who was the last easy target? I don't think anyone has been banned recently.

Jun 18, 15 3:40 pm  · 
 · 

I just bought six of these adorable sputnik-flower grasses! OK, carex grayii is what they're called.  I'm calling them sputniks!

Jun 18, 15 3:49 pm  · 
 · 

Plant some garlic next to those grasses...

Jun 18, 15 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton
Those just look like sticker-burs, Donna. We HATE those things down here; it really hurts when you step in them.

And I suck at spelling, and wasn't sure the difference between turrets and Tourette's. I figure one MUST be the disorder and one must be a tower, but I was hoping context would be my savior.
Jun 18, 15 4:19 pm  · 
 · 
kickrocks

I felt Kozumelle was easy pickings. He left voluntarily. Look in Orhan's thread, first reply. He fills the void until further notice. He doesn't engage much so it's not as bad as it could be.

Jun 18, 15 4:26 pm  · 
 · 

I'm feeling so deflated today. This South Carolina killing atrocity hurts. WTF is wrong int his country?! 

Jun 18, 15 9:23 pm  · 
 · 
quizzical

Donna - I blame the Internet.

It allows people to make unspeakable statements, frequently without being challenged or constrained. Such behavior encourages - perhaps even motivates - those with limited ability to restrain their own behavior.

Jun 18, 15 11:26 pm  · 
 · 

I gave up "news" and don't miss it one bit. In fact I feel much better!

You are what you eat.

Jun 18, 15 11:31 pm  · 
 · 

Two points-

To "blame the Internet" is a far too dismissive explanation of machinations of hate. Specific to this tragedy there is a decades long history of attacking African Americans through that specific architectural typology- well before the Internet was a thing.

Secondly, my favorite hs English teacher that you always need to keep track of the news because you never know when the headlines will say you need to get out of town. I always envy those who have the privilege of not worrying about the what the media says "about you" or how current events may impact my well being.

Jun 19, 15 8:44 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: