Archinect
anchor

Enscape vs twinmotion vs Lumion vs D5

axonapoplectic

what real time rendering addons are people using these days? I’ve used Enscape and it seems pretty idiot proof, but not super robust. Twin motion is free for revit but seems to require a bit more set up. I haven’t tried Lumion or D5 yet. 

Pricing - enscape floating license is $80/month and can be used across all programs, lumion is $125/month, and twin motion is free for revit and free for sketchup (if your company generates under $1m annually).  D5 is $30/month for a single user.

Anything else out there? Which one has the best library?

May 13, 24 3:32 pm

I use Enscape. I have not tried Twinmotion yet, but I probably will at some point. Enscape is getting the quality I need, though.

May 13, 24 5:58 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

We use Enscape. It's dead simple, super stable, and is more than good enough for our clients. 

May 13, 24 6:39 pm  · 
 · 
gwharton

We used Enscape with a little Lumion, but have since standardized on Twinmotion. It's much more robust and gets us to what we want faster and better.

May 13, 24 6:54 pm  · 
 · 
proto

are you all rendering from your BIM models? or from separate modeling software (rhino, 3ds max, sketchup, etc)?

May 14, 24 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
gwharton

Both. About 80% of our renderings are from Revit models. The remainder are a mix of Sketchup and 3DS max.

May 14, 24 1:37 pm  · 
2  · 

Trying to do as much from Revit as possible, but there's some Rhino mixed in.

May 14, 24 2:42 pm  · 
1  · 
sameolddoctor

whats D5

May 14, 24 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
axonapoplectic

https://www.d5render.com/

May 16, 24 10:13 am  · 
 · 
Jeremy

I got into Twinmotion on the side because it was free for non-commercial use (now its even free for small businesses) and its really a fantastic tool. Very easy to use, and can get great images out of it. Not a lot of set up, not sure where you got that. I thought it looks better than Enscape. The library that comes with it is limited (that also might have changed recently, but is expanded by using the Quixel Megascans library and the Unreal Engine Marketplace ). Since I use sketchup I use a lot of sketchup warehouse models for objects/furniture/fixtures etc. I am trying to bring it into work use also but there we use Rhino so have less options for finding specific furniture and fixtures. Also want to give a try straight from Revit. A plus for me is then I have been delving into Unreal Engine to create VR Game environments, and use the very complex landscape sculpting and material tools. That is a steep learning curve though. For our in-house Viz, we have been finding Twinmotion to be a great option, and certainly the most affordable. I have been using the older version as I had some compatibility issues with my imports with the new one, but those might be sorted out by now.

May 14, 24 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
lh11

i tried enscape a couple times and felt good with it but not so much to make me obsessed. twinmotion has always been a safe option to get renders out quickly and decently enough. lumion has the best quality, specially in exterior views, in my opinion but i just feel like you need way too many powerful specs and it crashed too much idk. ive been using D5 for about a year, took me a week to get it all down and in the firm I work we also switched from VRay to D5, the output quality is great, easy to work with, managing settings and setting up textures and materials is pretty straightforward,... yeah D5 all the way here!

May 15, 24 9:20 am  · 
 · 
zonker

Enscape for Rhino, but tends to be a bit flat with Revit. TwinMotion is best for Revit, like anything with Revit, it requires more work

May 15, 24 11:40 pm  · 
 · 
deltar

Personally, I like the staging in TwinMotion better than in Enscape. The objects and entourage feel more natural and in place whereas my experience with Enscape has been a little more "oh that is an Enscape object"

May 16, 24 2:57 pm  · 
1  · 
CallMeCatbread

Maybe it's because I've spent way too much time placing enscape entourage for rendering, but whenever I see a rendering that uses enscape assets it sticks out like a sore thumb because it's suddenly incredibly obvious to me that it was rendered with enscape lol.

May 16, 24 3:33 pm  · 
2  · 
deltar

That very well could be my issue as well. My professors have always said that they don't want to be able to tell what programs we used. i.e. don't use default revit models or enscape assets.

May 16, 24 9:11 pm  · 
 · 
zonker

With Rhino, I actually prefer it's own renderer, the design reads better, more architectural

May 16, 24 6:48 pm  · 
 · 

we use enscape withe revit and rhino. Tried lumion and twin motion as well, and am not sure there is enough of a difference to declare a winner. Lately I prefer Vray rendered from rhino, which is great for stills. For walk-through enscape is just easy so we are probably going to stick with that. And hopefully one day the chaos/enscape connection will be real, and we will get better lighting and better objects and people.

May 16, 24 10:05 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: