Archinect
anchor

Does anyone know where this bridge is located?

chrisinmx

Basically, i saw this bridge on the web, and i'm fascinated with it. I want to know the location, but i can't seem to get it, does anyone of you know where is it?

Jun 27, 17 12:30 am

What is the source of your fascination?

Jun 27, 17 12:46 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Hehe, google image search comes up with "house" :) 

Maybe the couple on the bridge could help you.

Jun 27, 17 2:06 am  · 
 · 
Wilout

Hey idk, but it will be kinda hard to find it like this, u have to post it in a lot of forums, and u may get some tips!

Jun 27, 17 3:00 am  · 
 · 
Volunteer

Wooden bridges were originally covered to keep the rain and snow from rapidly deteriorating the wooden live load bearing structure. This bridge doesn't appear to be made of wood and the roofing doesn't cover the entire span. And the clock tower doesn't seem to have a clock.

This has got to be from some golf/retirement project in Florida.

If you wanted to do something nice.....

Jun 27, 17 7:42 am  · 
 · 
geezertect

Beautiful. Looks like a railroad bridge pre-Civil War.

Jun 27, 17 9:18 am  · 
 · 
Volunteer

It is a steel-reinforced concrete bridge faced with stone veneer. The veneer is about 12 inches thick. The bridge was built in 1938 and is part of the Blue Ridge Parkway. The Parkway is being routed under US 21 in Alleghany County North Carolina here.

Jun 27, 17 10:33 am  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

You're in Alleghany County? I'm less than an hour from Sparta.

Jun 27, 17 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

I am in Staunton, VA, (Augusta County) about eleven miles from the northern end of the Blue Ridge Parkway, one of our favorite places.

Jun 27, 17 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

Cool. I have lots of family (farming) friends in Augusta County. Nice area.

Jun 27, 17 2:37 pm  · 
 · 

Oh - that's the Bridge to Terabithia. No wait, the bridge to nowhere, no wait, it's a bridge of Madison County. 

Jun 27, 17 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

Naples Florida seems like a good guess

Jun 27, 17 1:31 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: