Archinect
anchor

this nitwit b.arch stuff

RTVSkaarchitecture

removing a beam with a story above it?  better not to build that way to begin with, you're going to have to have some kind of machine you place in there that cranks and increases height as you slide the beam out front, placing another one or more in place.  This problem is too simple and not what i was thinking of.

edit: better to make sure the wood is properly cured and made weather proof, and it doesn't get weaker with time (i wouldn't know)

Mar 29, 16 7:24 pm  · 
 · 
gruen
I'm pretty much in the business of telling structural engineers what to do. Most of them are idiots. You'd fit right in. I get so tired of them I do most of my own strux. It's not hard bruh.
Mar 29, 16 7:24 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

gruen, i somewhat agree.  if someone is going to work only on buildings, they better be able to stamp to make sure their buildings have integrity.

Mar 29, 16 7:27 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

here's how to cut down a tree: cut a wedge shape on the larger side it's going to fall, then cut a slit all the way around without it falling, stick a wedge on the opposite side and hammer it in, it should fall, how/what chemicals does one use to cure wood?  how long does wood have to wait to be used so it's done with its shrinking and shit?

Mar 29, 16 7:35 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

does wood have a higher (typically, or examples) tensile or compressive strength?

Mar 29, 16 7:41 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

the architect must never build something that should not exist.  there is no getting away from the fact that buildings are PERMANENT structures (at least some of the time) and the proper respect is due.  Earth isn't one person's even though capitalism might one day say differently.

Mar 29, 16 8:04 pm  · 
 · 
seedsnstems

This thread is fucking hilarious. You gotta pull the stick out of your ass. You're not special, and you're an asshole which will not serve you well as a prospective student. What school wants someone who apparently has nothing to learn? You think you'll contribute to a positive learning environment? Based on how you present yourself online, the answer is no.

And I'm not sure what you have against architects. They make things interesting, engaging, and pleasant. Also, engineers are either double-checking them, working with them, or already established building codes decades ago so they don't have to re-engineer every single building that gets built.

The LA River as it is is what happens when you let engineers run the show. Does it work? In terms of water conveyance, yes. It also divides LA, is massively ugly, and wastes valuable land and park space. That's why they're letting landscape architects (or Frank Gehry) design it. I shudder to imagine a world of utilitarian, engineer-designed buildings.

Mar 29, 16 8:12 pm  · 
 · 

Nice post, seedsnstems.

Mar 29, 16 8:14 pm  · 
 · 
That was some real sticky-icky-icky. Oh wee, seedsnstems
Mar 29, 16 8:24 pm  · 
 · 

(I have to admit, Josh, the nickname Josh Zings is pretty cool. Agree?)

Mar 29, 16 8:31 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

look, i know this picture isn't a building.  I know it might not be possible to build, i know the perspective isn't perfect, but that guy is in scale to the building.  I know i need the engineering, and the architecture school, but and this design is just masturbation and a waste of paper, but this design came only from me.  I'm so pissed off that i'm supposed to both accept that design can somehow be taught and also that i'm screwed because i didn't try in high school (something i was FORCED to do) while i was making music.  What were the other people who got into these schools doing while i was busting my ass making one of the only things that could be done and writing.

http://postimg.org/image/xvzofbmwd/

Mar 29, 16 8:36 pm  · 
 · 
Donna, I prefer Mings the Merciless.
Mar 29, 16 9:08 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

wait, is this that crazy kid in Australia?  sounds like a archinect regular to me...

wrong answer btw. (that's texting)....  AGS. IRC. Sketch. done.

Mar 29, 16 9:26 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
Of course. I missed the memo. Why didn't anyone tell me it's National Douchecanoe Day?
Mar 29, 16 9:31 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
I swear Santiago, you're the bomb in Espana, but your transit building sucks donkey balls.
Mar 29, 16 9:35 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
Guys, I'm reading, and posting, while driving down highway 35, that's how I roll. I'm figuring out who this turd is, it's the last surviving member of the Jesus Twins.
Mar 29, 16 9:39 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Twins

Jesus

"Feel My Ubiquity"

Mar 29, 16 11:18 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

pretty sure not

Mar 30, 16 12:23 am  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

this is a hotel floorish plan/first two floors

that's a flw cantelever on the second floor

http://postimg.org/image/6g9da3wp7/c7ea1cc5/

but it has to have a public bathroom that costs the current cost of operation.

Mar 30, 16 2:38 am  · 
 · 

RTVSkaarchitecture,

I had skim through only what you wrote prior to Donna Sink's post on page 1 and all I can really say is your going about it all wrong and while architecture education for better or for worst, albeit not optimal, is required for architectural licensure in many states. 

The licensing laws are designed to support the architectural programs. If you want to be stuck with designing exempt buildings then continue down your path of thinking.

Mar 30, 16 4:00 am  · 
 · 

RTVSk.....

The more I read your posts, the more I need one of these......

To forget I ever read this.

I don't drink alcohol beverages that much.

Mar 30, 16 4:07 am  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

even if i got through architecture school and licensure, if it came up to me, and there really is only room for one architect in this town, i wouldn't place blockades to stop others from becoming architects, i would make it the simplest easiest way, even if that meant i had to not be an architect anymore, even though being an architect is what i want most.

Mar 30, 16 4:35 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Good thing we have such an impenetrable moat to keep ignorant folks away.
Mar 30, 16 6:51 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Calatrava shouldnt drink and archinect I think.....and these sketches suck, are they RTVS? .....nice Non, maybe BIG does know what they are doing and moats are the future, forget gated communities.

Mar 30, 16 6:56 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

anyone that can lead ricki to drinking should get a metal ;)

Mar 30, 16 6:57 am  · 
 · 

i wouldn't need an "architectural" education, because i don't intend to look at the past for architecture, i intend to use my IMAGINATION.  my imagination holds designs better than any designs ever built, so the structural sciences are all i need.  unfortunately, no1 seems to see it my way, and so i won't get a chance.

Why would anyone see it like you? You are delusional. 

but Olaf, how do u know your excel spreadsheet isn't misfiring?

Better question: how do I know your brain is misfiring?

Your ignorance of the licensing path options you have in California.

Get a job and work 6 to 8 years of fulltime experience under an architect, complete IDP or AXP when the name change comes into effect, pass the ARE exam and be done with the license in California as an architect. 

Mar 30, 16 7:20 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^RickB must be a fun one to drink with.

RTV, this one's for you:

South Park Wow Guy - Your drawings suck needs more moats

Mar 30, 16 7:21 am  · 
 · 

Sorry, I forgot to mention, pass the CSE exam after passing the ARE but yes pass that CSE and pay the fees and Dah Dah! LICENSED.

Mar 30, 16 7:30 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

rick i am one with the building.

Mar 30, 16 7:46 am  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

u expect someone to make great sketches for no client's purpose & to show u nitwits?

edit: this shit has got to stop and i'm going to be the one to stop it for once and for all

Mar 30, 16 8:02 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^yes.

btw, there is only one "nitwit" here.

Mar 30, 16 8:03 am  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

well then, go ahead, show me something.  you have 10 minutes

edit: you have ten minutes PLUS the time it takes to scan and upload.  20 minutes? i have a slow scanner.

Mar 30, 16 8:04 am  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

At first this was funny.  

And then it was sad.

Now, I want my 5 minutes back. 

Mar 30, 16 8:05 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Here, this is what a 10min design sketch is:

And I have hundreds of these. You have no idea what you're arguing about.

Mar 30, 16 8:11 am  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

that's the most garbage shit i've seen ever

Mar 30, 16 8:22 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

What am I looking at?

Mar 30, 16 8:25 am  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

i was like wutm8>nitwit

that's like grinding to a 180

or like grinding to nasty in a car with the windows all fogged

edit: or like grinding to gettin' high hangin low...

dudes, his subconscious is showing!

but then, wait...isn't it always?  badabing!

Mar 30, 16 8:26 am  · 
 · 

Me.

Mar 30, 16 8:47 am  · 
 · 
This guy has to be a troll right? Better put a bridge on that moat for him to live under, and design his super awesome better than everyone underpass mansion.
Mar 30, 16 8:53 am  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

i bet none of the people who seem angry in this thread are even architects in la

Mar 30, 16 8:54 am  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

The vast majority of us would probably prefer not to be an Architect in Los Angeles.  Or did you mean Louisiana?  I'm having issues following the keyboard vomit you spew.  Either way... not interested. 

If you want to be an Architect.  You have to follow the process.  Pay to play.

If you want to be a Structural Engineer, same deal. 

If you have screwed up your grades and can't get into school, that's your fault.  Don't come here and get pissy at others who have or are doing the process correctly.  Enroll in something else, get your grades up, and please (please) learn to type like a proper human being. 

Mar 30, 16 9:07 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

we sure this isnt some bot?

Mar 30, 16 9:20 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

nice donna

Mar 30, 16 9:20 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

Louisiana could be pretty cool.  not sure if i could really settle down and live in SEC country, but a friday night fish fry with some of that zydego might make it worthwhile.

Mar 30, 16 9:22 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

This has to be spam..

Mar 30, 16 9:43 am  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

Spam

Mar 30, 16 9:56 am  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

I can't imagine why any school wouldn't feel blessed to have you join their ranks.... Schools are in the business of teaching, and it sounds like you don't want to be taught. Design talent, arguably perhaps, can't be taught, but that's only a small portion of what practicing architecture is all about. You have to learn the rest of it somehow. 

When everyone around you seems like an asshole, the problem likely isn't them....

I'm not sure where you're going with the whole wood curing/cutting/preserving thing. Your lack of knowledge or understanding of wood technology is a good example of what talent alone leaves to be desired.

Mar 30, 16 11:07 am  · 
 · 
On the fence

Wow.  I agree that this was first entertaining.  Then sad.

Now, I too want my five minutes back.

And those two sketches you posted haven't gotten to crap level yet.

Mar 30, 16 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

constituents of the government should be able to enroll in state schools regardless of their age,rage,sex, or grades.  State schools should do the structural engineering courses as fast as possible, and NAAB should have no power to stop an individual who has completed school only up to the end of the structural engineering courses.  Although I personally wish to work for a certain architect, i don't think the 3 years should be mandatory.

Mar 30, 16 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

What dumb-as-fuck logic you have. No wonder you don't have the bare minimum grades to get into an architecture program.

Mar 30, 16 12:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: