Archinect
anchor

this nitwit b.arch stuff

RTVSkaarchitecture

so i don't get it; what nitwit decided design courses were a part of that NAAB stuff?  & what nitwits (perhaps others) made all the technical, engineering courses spread out over five years if you can get the same education in 3 or less?  Did you nitwits vote on this and decide you were scared of the competition?  And also, who decided this California transfer garbage?  I've paid taxes, before I was even an adult, and was denied at Cal Poly SLO, even denied my appeal.  I tried to do the extended education there and the department chair just said "no".  I even explained about the taxes, the criminal.  Inb4 every argument u have to say, because I've heard this shit before...but if you think for a second, if i had the engineering classes and got a 100% on them, if you didn't exist, if no1 existed, but me (of course; i added that just in case nitwit numero uno is trying to not understand this), my building would stand.  Inb4 it's too hard for me.  What's this bullshit about imaginary numbers in math?  excuse me, not even a realitiest physicist would use that imaginary.

Mar 29, 16 4:25 pm
SneakyPete

Feel better now?

Mar 29, 16 4:31 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

no, i want to be an architect

Mar 29, 16 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

first learn to write and not TXT....

but I'm with you on imaginary numbers, expecially I^4 for inertia calcs- prof had a hard time telling me basically "short cut bullshit math makes real math easier".

actually physicist use imaginary numbers all the time, but those imaginary numbers are x^(-1/2)....sorry no square root symbol on keyboard, I think I did that right.

Mar 29, 16 4:47 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

thanks, you've given me advice on something that has no relevance in architecture.

Mar 29, 16 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

olaf design ninja, upload some of ur designs!

· 
curtkram

should be x^(-1) right?  maybe not.  it's all imaginary anyway.  without made up math and physics and all that, we wouldn't have all this extra-dimensional space that makes possible possible.

if you want to be an architect, then be an architect.  there are education requirements and a test and all that, but you can do it.

· 
RTVSkaarchitecture

no, i can't do it with extra educational/entrance requirements.

Mar 29, 16 4:57 pm  · 
 · 
archanonymous

Balkins, put down the bath salts and go take a nap.

Mar 29, 16 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
I wonder if this is also how the OP responds to rejection messages on OkCupid.
Mar 29, 16 5:21 pm  · 
 · 
Also FYI - might want to change your username. Someone could report you to the state board for it, and that could impact your being able to practice architecture.
Mar 29, 16 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

We're gonna call u Josh "zings" from now on, ok every1?

Mar 29, 16 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

doesn't say "architecture"

Mar 29, 16 5:23 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

no no no no no! let's not see the ninja's...let's see YOURS!

Mar 29, 16 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

Lemme guess, you make modernist boxes with longer lengths than heights?

edit: forgot the "?"

Mar 29, 16 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

josh has a public profile rtvs.  you can see the work he's done.

what's preventing you from fulfilling education requirements?

Mar 29, 16 5:28 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

well, first of all, i can't get into a reasonable school that does the structural engineering courses in 3 yrs.

Mar 29, 16 5:33 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

Josh Ming's site that he posted a thread about is down

but is see his archinect portfolio...i'm not gonna go for the ban, so i won't comment

actually, it's not like architenect's gonna help me: Josh, ur designs look like crow crap

Mar 29, 16 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
Great. That's exactly what I was going for. My entire design philosophy is to design Crow Crap. Corbu's excrement is a complement.

Come back when you can give actual critique and behave like a civilized adult.
Mar 29, 16 5:39 pm  · 
 · 
Also, the website is up and running perfectly.
Mar 29, 16 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

here you go....the early days.

and you're an idiot.

Mar 29, 16 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

nyc is full of garbage save a few buildings

Mar 29, 16 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

structural engineering isn't architecture.  if your goal is to be an architect, you should be looking at architect schools.  if you already have a degree, you can look into 3 year MArch programs.  if you do not already have a degree, there are 5 year MArch programs, or accredited BArch programs.

hopefully you will be able to form better critiques and thoughts in general after the education.

Mar 29, 16 6:01 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
OP sounds like a fun dude.
Mar 29, 16 6:05 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

Structural engineering>architecture.

why the dif. in degrees?  or is this some nitwit stuff?i'm guessing so.

Mar 29, 16 6:09 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
^idiot
Mar 29, 16 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

what, just cuz you didn't come in swinging (so to speak)?

Mar 29, 16 6:13 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

i wouldn't need an "architectural" education, because i don't intend to look at the past for architecture, i intend to use my IMAGINATION.  my imagination holds designs better than any designs ever built, so the structural sciences are all i need.  unfortunately, no1 seems to see it my way, and so i won't get a chance.

Mar 29, 16 6:16 pm  · 
 · 
Look at the way you present yourself and you'll see why no one wants to work with you or give you a shot.
Mar 29, 16 6:22 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

look at your architecture while u commit suicide

Mar 29, 16 6:24 pm  · 
 · 
You should never joke about suicide or mental illness. If you are God's gift to design, where's your work? I'm guessing within your delusions of grandeur.
Mar 29, 16 6:27 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

this is not about how i present myself.  architecture can be a matter of life or death.  if you don't believe it, go into graphic design and spare some realists the space in a state school.

Mar 29, 16 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

where'd u get that rule? u probably got it passed on, probably u got ur architecture designs second hand.

Mar 29, 16 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

and they're underneath my bed, hundreds of them.

Mar 29, 16 6:33 pm  · 
 · 
Well, I'm going to get back to work practicing architecture. Thanks for the 15 minutes of laughter.
Mar 29, 16 6:34 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

no problem.

Mar 29, 16 6:39 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

i would be willing to just go work for somebody, but without the structural sciences, i could be aiding a building that would topple which would be a sin.

Mar 29, 16 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

Black_Orchid, i hope ur designs are as cool as your name

Mar 29, 16 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Idiot was too polite it seems. Ragging cunt on a scooter seems more appropriate now.
Mar 29, 16 6:48 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

ur just mad i didn't compliment ur name?

Mar 29, 16 6:49 pm  · 
 · 
I do Black Orchid. You may be familiar with the firm I work for.

And right? Call my work Crow Crap and don't show your own? That's all bark and no bite right there.
 · 

Hahahaha I've only read the first five posts and have already decided to just pour some more wine and forge on. Where's Miles with the popcorn-munching antelope when you need him?!?

· 
RTVSkaarchitecture

but dude, ragging cunt is totally disgusting, if u'd said raging it wouldn'ta been so nast.

Mar 29, 16 6:50 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

y should i beg and give my designs for nothing just because there's no school to take me?  if architecture will never take me, and i'd sure as hell pass the engineering and science classes, architecture will not get a piece.

Mar 29, 16 6:51 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

i do most my work without the help of engineers, it's called an Excel spreadsheet.

and no, I won't show you my real work, because they are real clients and you're a douche bag any way.

I attended a Ivy school that had no Structural Engineering because you don't need a brain to be a structural engineer, but we did have the worlds best structural engineer as a major chair in architecture department.

Mar 29, 16 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

I have college credits (graduated early) so i can't attend a cal poly and cornell requires letters of recommendation.  I'm unwilling to go to a private school because it's more likely they will penalize designs they don't like, and the public schools i look at push the structural engineering courses back till late in the curriculum.  the ONLY ones that look good to me are cornell, slo, and pomona.

Mar 29, 16 7:00 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

and damn my spam it did not work. so donna if the OP is drinking and you are drinking I think its ok if we all start drinking and do some engineering?

Mar 29, 16 7:02 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

fine, post some engineering, u can test me to see if i'm cut out for the engineering portion.

Mar 29, 16 7:03 pm  · 
 · 
RTVSkaarchitecture

but Olaf, how do u know your excel spreadsheet isn't misfiring?

Mar 29, 16 7:09 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

you graduated high school early, or college early?

so your problem is that the colleges you want to go to won't accept the credit's you've already earned from another institution, so you'll have to be in college as long as everyone else?

why can't you get a letter of recommendation?  I could get letters of recommendation, and i'm an asshole.

also, you might keep in mind that everyone who posted in this thread except you were accepted into architecture school.  probably with ease.  somehow the rest of the world thinks josh and olaf are doing fairly well as architects.  the problem isn't the rest of the world.

Mar 29, 16 7:12 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

ok heading out with the family, architects can work drom home you know................you have a garage opening that 20' wide. above you have a master bedroom and an attic. you are located in southern california. the first owner has a short car, what size wood beam/header do you install? what size are the footings? the second owner has a tall SUV, he wants to remove the wood beam and replace it with a W8. please list the sequence for removal of existing beam and what size w8? do you need to replace the wood posts? where does the blocking go? footings according to code. garage deeper than a standard garage stall. .....that problem would take an average architect 10 minutes. enough info there as well to figure it out. clocks ticking. you are clearly checking this every 5 minutes.

Mar 29, 16 7:13 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: