Archinect
anchor

How important is the textbook year when learning...

Zach Tyler

So I have access to Revit 2015 from my school and I haven't learned it yet. I know AutoCad and SketchUp but I was told to try to learn Rhino and some Revit this summer. I can buy a Revit 2013 book for way less than a 2015 book, so my question is how different is the software become in the last couple years? Also, any book recommendations in particular to learn Revit or Rhino? I want to do my own project this summer using the programs but I thought I should learn them well enough first.

Jun 8, 15 6:42 pm
Non Sequitur
Best way to learn is to use the program.
Jun 8, 15 7:11 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

there are so many good blogs and video tutorials on line, skip the textbook. go through the free tutorials from autodesk, then come up with your own small project to model and google every question that comes up. it's not as hard as it looks when you're new.

It doesn't seem like revit has changed much since 2011, don't get too concerned which version you're learning about.

Jun 8, 15 7:58 pm  · 
 · 
theSudden

Skip the text. It's useless. The best way is to just use the program and have someone who can answer your questions on call (best case) second best case is to use the program and use video tutorials to figure it out as was mentioned above. just know that there is a learning curve and need to put time into sitting with it and working through the problems. 

Don't buy a worthless text book...!!! 

Good luck! 

Jun 9, 15 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
AGonzales03

I have a better option! I am soon to be certified and i have been using the website www.GMETRIX.net for all sorts of practice tests that helped me to also get my AutoCAD certification last month! You have to register first of course but it doesn't ask for much. It's very helpful but you need an access code to access these tests that are both training tests and practice tests. The Access code that I used is "96871-2015-79067" and it should still be an active code! I recommend you and others take advantage of any useful resources you can get your hands on!

Hope this helps someone as it helped me! 

- Andrew Gonzales

Jun 13, 15 3:40 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: