Archinect
anchor

"Gin Fizz Urbanism"

L1

I've got another suggestion..I suspect "gin fizz urbanism", may go together well with "lifestyle transit" - that is to say transit not to move people exactly, more to encourage a certain kind of development, dense, urban etc.. Lifestyle transit can occur in places that are otherwise not terribly well connected, in that way.

Jun 22, 11 11:05 pm  · 
 · 

"surplus lifestyle transit" maybe.

more fizz verbosity;

http://www.wetdesign.com/#/home

Jun 23, 11 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
jmanganelli

i would gladly relocate to a place practicing single malt urbanism

Jun 23, 11 3:22 pm  · 
 · 
Ryan002

Whoah. Hold on a minute.

Are you architects suggesting that you, and the urban planners, *don't* pre-plan the entire layout of the city? Don't you all get hired as consultants or something, when someone wants to build something? Because if an architect or urban planner is not in charge, then who the heck is?

Jun 24, 11 12:19 am  · 
 · 
L1

$$$ are in charge, seems to be what happens when no-one is?

Jun 24, 11 11:33 am  · 
 · 

Orhan does this place count?

Jun 25, 11 2:12 pm  · 
 · 

Nam, maybe when it is fully sold and occupied Lavasa would be. Right now it is like the Valley of the Dolls..;.)

But really, all in all, in these schemes, most human experience is reduced to entertainment, consuming and other surface activities in a reality show like artificial setting. As if, "go ahead buy inti it and your life will be just okay. We thought everything for you. In fact, you can continuously water ski the life and it will be fulfilled..."

If anybody thinks po-mo is behind us and ended with architectural manipulations, this is the true force of postmodernism just surfacing with force... 

Jun 25, 11 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
jmanganelli

all reminds me a bit of huxley's brave new world

Jun 25, 11 4:08 pm  · 
 · 
Ryan002

I thought architects and urban planners always get consulted. I thought like in London, you need to do 3 D renderings up the wazoo and stuff to build *anything*. Damn. 

Jun 27, 11 11:05 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: