see all...Viewing 3 out of 10 projects
I am an accomplished professional with a career of stable and progressive experience as an Architectural Designer and Professional Engineer within the AEC industry. I thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment where my performance directly impacts the organization. I have a solid career background with proven talent in the creation of virtual construction models for Residential, Commercial, Hospitality, Industrial, Tenant Improvement, Healthcare and Restoration projects. I posses hands on experience with numerous construction trades which allows me to make rational and timely decisions under pressure. As a result, my skills will allow me to make a significant impact to your operations.
Currently, I am seeking a position where I can continue to utilize my previous experience and extend my passion for Building Information Modeling and the Virtual Construction and Design industry. Specifically, I would be a great fit for any organization seeking to incorporate virtual construction and design into their profile. My experience as an Architectural Designer, CAD Manager and BIM Guru are the foundations for my career and your firm's future with BIM compliant projects. I am a fast learner who can work independently and efficiently to complete projects accurately and on-time. As a member of your team, I am confident that my results-focused approach will make an immediate contribution to your organization.
Maverick Technologies / Intel Corporation / Hoffman General Contractors, Chandler, AZ, US, BIM Coordinator
• Coordinated with Project Managers and Division Manager to develop a project specific process for utilizing 4D information for the purpose of estimating, logistics, planning, scheduling, coordination, field layout and/or facilitates management.
• Reviewed, coordinated and managed the creation of Instrumentation and Controls construction models.
• Project deployment duties included; installing software, organizing, maintaining and setting up FTP sites, basic training & support for project team, coordination assistance, file conversions and documenting process and solutions for reuse.
• Acted as liaison for project team, consultants and subcontractors to facilitate processes and maintain master project BIM database.
• Identified opportunities and recommended solutions that enhanced or improved processes.
• Advised Project Managers with regard to 4D/BIM best practices balanced with current manpower capabilities.
• Conducted BIM coordination presentations.
Architects Alaska, Anchorage, AK, US, BIM Manager / Architectural Designer
• Coordinated the creation of construction documents for healthcare facilities.
• Managed and organized CAD / Revit files for construction document submittals.
• Created Architectural, Structural and MEP virtual construction models.
• Developed BIM standards, created templates and families based on company CAD standards.
• Conducted Revit Architecture fundamental and intermediate training sessions for team members.
• Communicated with subcontractors to receive, coordinate and update all BIM construction models.
ACB Solutions, Anchorage, AK, US, Adjunct Instructor / BIM Consultant / Applications Engineer
• Reviewed, demonstrated and taught Autodesk software to ensure full functionality.
• Regularly participated in forums and managed workshops and lectures pertaining to Autodesk products.
• Provided extensive training and support and supervised training and employee development programs.
• Communicated consistently and effectively as a Consultant to determine solutions for operational excellence.
• Experienced in helping business owners in leveraging their technology to achieve goals and minimize risk.
NCP Design / Build, Anchorage, AK, US, Architectural Designer
• Performed the overall process of reviewing schematic design drawings and creation of Construction Documents for various Residential, Commercial, Tenant Improvement projects for permit submission.
• Demonstrated ability in coordinating with Consulting Engineers, Product Vendors, Building Code Officials, Construction Managers and Contractors from project initialization through completion.
• Performed building code analysis, zoning and accessibility regulation research.
• Maximized skills in translating concepts into working drawings using sound design principles.
Bridgit, Inc., Scottsdale, AZ, US, Architectural Designer / CAD Manager
• Coordinated the creation of Construction Documents for multi-million dollar hospitality project.
• Prepared construction documents for TI projects for Adobe and Yahoo satellite office spaces.
• Created Architectural, Structural and MEP virtual construction models.
• Initiated the overall detailed process of implementing software upgrades and educated team members.
• Performed site inspections, conducted job meetings and reviewed shop drawings and product submittals.
• Demonstrated ability and expertise in developing a successful strategy to achieve & attain long-term goals while enrolling in Continuing Education Courses for self-growth and team development.
Aerotek Architecture & Engineering, Phoenix, AZ, US, Architectural Designer
• Created CD’s for commercial projects, coordinated consultant information, implemented redline corrections.
• Created Architectural and Structural virtual construction models.
• Acted as a liaison between the Design Manager and the Planning Consultants in obtaining specific preferences.
• Consistently provided quality drawings and improved designing methods, which resulted in an increase in efficiency in production of designs, which generated profits by saving cost and time.
• Managed production staff by creating field documents for residential pre-stressed concrete foundation systems.
• Coordinated consultant documentation for final review and quality assurance prior to submittal for permitting.
• Possessed strong analytical and problem solving ability in identifying and resolving challenges in a timely, rational manner.
• Worked well in group situations to develop and apply design alternatives.
Architecture Plus, Ltd., Phoenix, AZ, US, Architectural Designer / CAD Manager
• Created construction documents for custom residential projects, clubhouses, resorts, and office buildings.
• Reviewed, corrected, and submitted drawings to various local municipalities for permit application.
• Created and implemented CAD standards.
Urban Design Associates, Ltd., Scottsdale, AZ, US, CAD Technician
• Demonstrated ability in preparing detailed engineering drawings consisting of standard arrangements, layouts, flow sheets, assemblies, isometrics, etc., with the proven ability to take from rough sketches and/or from general engineering and design information according to established standards and procedures.
• Consistently modified existing building maps/layouts using expertise and knowledge in AutoCAD.
• Worked with other Designer/Drafters, Engineers, and Architects to ensure coordinated design drawings.
• Successfully executed job orders under the mission of total quality management set by the company.
University of Alaska-Anchorage, Anchorage, AK, US, Arctic Engineering
Introduces a broad spectrum of engineering challeges unique to cold regions. Physical principles and practical data collection methods, analyses, designs and construction methods are discussed. Students gain a working knowledge of cold regions engineering problems and modern solutions as a basis for detailed study.
Purdue University, Ft. Wayne, IN, Bachelors, Architectural Construction Engineering
Purdue's Division of Construction Engineering and Management Program (CEM) is respected by leaders in the construction industry across the United States as one of the best - many say the best - engineering degree in preparation for a professional future in construction.
The undergraduate degree, Bachelor of Science in Construction Engineering (BSCNE), is tailored to prepare students for professional work in the construction field. The BSCNE Construction Engineering curriculum at Purdue includes approximately 80% construction engineering and 20% management courses focused on garnering knowledge and experience in construction careers. The degree is ABET-accredited and many graduates go on to become registered professional engineers.
Valencia Community College, Orlando, FL, US, Building Construction Technology
A program that prepares individuals to apply basic engineering principles and technical skills in support of engineers, engineering contractors and other professionals engaged in the construction of buildings and related structures. Includes instruction in basic structural engineering principles and construction techniques, building site inspection, site supervision, construction personnel supervision, plan and specification interpretation, supply logistics and procurement, applicable building codes, and report preparation
Applications Engineer, Other
Autodesk Certified Applications Engineer for the following software suites:
Professional User, Other
Autodesk Certified Professional
Autodesk Applications Instructor, Other
Certified Autodesk Applications Instructor for the following software suites: