Archinect
anchor

Prospective Undergraduate Seeking Advice

ioox

Hi everyone! I've recently been accepted into my dream program! However...

The cost of my undergraduate tuition will exceed $100,000 with expenses included. (!!!!) I should also note that it's estimated that students will earn an average of $43,000 to $77,000 through guaranteed co-op by the time they graduate.

With all these factors considered, is it worth it to work full time during the summer before my term starts (will probably make less than $4000 on minimun wage), or am I better off using the time to brush up on my knowledge/skills/employability? 

This little youngin would appreciate your input. (Scaring me won't do, I'm quite aware of the pitfalls of this occupation.)

May 15, 14 12:09 pm
curtkram

who's paying that $100,000?  shouldn't they have some say in whether you try to contribute what you can?

May 15, 14 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
ioox

My RESP funds will help with that, along with some scholarships ($1000) and bursaries. I would also have to take a student loan from the Ontario government. 

After graduation however, I'm largely on my own. 

Update: It seems I've miscalcuted the final costs. It's more likely to be between $65,000 - 80,000 for my complete bachelors. 

May 15, 14 4:45 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: