Archinect
anchor

Software being used in the professional architectural design field in Sydney, Australia

firestreakz

Hi, I have been accepted to Master of Construction Project Management in Sydney, I am an architect with 2.5 years of experience as an Associate Architect. However I intend to join as an architect after I finish my masters. I live and work currently in South East Asia.

The industry in my country basically still runs on AutoCAD. However I know that the world has moved onto BIM and the cloud. My question is what software do I need to learn before I can join the professional architecture field in Sydney? What is being practiced there in Australia? Revit, ArchiCad, Microstation, Bently? Is Rhino used? What is the design workflow? If you are from Australia or happen to know the workflow there can you share your thoughts on the subject?

Do employers in Sydney expect you to know a specific package or are they flexible in working with whatever an individual is comfortable to work with?

May 14, 14 10:58 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: