Archinect
anchor

I need help

ConstantinePAT

The HUGE problem is I don't understand why Greenwich University doesn't have a Master Degree of Architecture. Whilst the DIA Dessau (Dessau International Architecture) in Germany is famous for the education of this degree.

My question is: Can I study in England( obviously I'll study in the Greenwich University) to get the BA Hons (the program takes 3 years) and then come to Germany and get the M.Arch.

I need M.Arch so badly because it seems to be the key of everything, it's my license to work widely in architecture. I know I can't get it more easier in the US but this is a another problem if my life, somehow I think I can't live in the US safe and sound, I love Europe and I'll live in Europe.

Please brighten my life and my future, thank you.

May 4, 14 11:18 am
ArchNyen

if you want to life in Europe, you go live in Europe.

problem solve.

May 4, 14 11:55 am  · 
 · 
TED

Greenwich has a Part II plus a top-off 60 credit MA - so you should do your homework. Many other Unis in the UK choose to convert their DipArchs to MArch with no change in programme. Part was due to immigration changes but that now is not the issue.  

Unless it has a dedicated major project or dissertation, it is not a Masters programme in reality. 

There are many uk schools where you can come and take the 2 year Part II without a part I - Greenwich web site says you must have part 1 or equivalent - you should ask them if that means coming from a qualified programme be it a US 4year NAAB or other.

UK/EU is changing regarding registration so in 3 years will most likely be very different.

May 5, 14 8:31 am  · 
 · 
TED

Note that there are no uk/eu programmes that directly flow into the US system and the 'protectionist' free society of the US requires you pay lots of money and get your education individually qualified via NCARB. If you plan to live in Europe, just go the flow of what EU has to offer.

May 5, 14 8:33 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: