Archinect
anchor

Modo for rendering. 'Preview Extended Refinement'.. Why didn't I know about time saving tool!?

accesskb

Anyone use Modo for rendering?

I just found out about their 'Preview Extended Refinement' rendering feature. Basically with this render feature, you don't need to worry about tweaking hundreds of settings, don't need to worry about your render turning out crap, don't need to worry about running out of time to render, don't need to worry about having to restart render from scratch because your client wanted to see its progress, or you accidentally stopping the render.

This 'preview extended refinement' tool progressively keeps rendering and refining your scene until you're satisfied with the render or until it reaches the highest render quality possible.

You can save images partway, stop and save the render task partway, reload the file and pick up where you left off again.  It renders scenes as a whole and not sections at a time, so you don't end up with an incomplete render if time is limited. 

How I wish I knew about this back in uni... I could've gone to sleep before final crits, rather than pulling all-nighters, wasting time tweaking render settings and waiting around just to make sure the renders were going well. I could've pressed RENDER and spent those wasted hours working on other tasks instead of pulling my hair out trying to figure out render settings!

To all of you still in school or hate rendering, switch to MODO and use this feature :D

Apr 30, 14 1:48 am
Veuxx

This is extremely common in all renders now a days.

In mental ray it's called iray

I don't remember what vray calls it.

Apr 30, 14 10:30 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

just shows how much I hate rendering. >< haha

Apr 30, 14 10:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: