Archinect
anchor

The Yanks are coming!

santa monica

Good win today for the US against a decent Turkish side. I think our defense isn't tight enough to withstand the English attack, but the England/Mexico game showed that the Brits might be vulnerable to speedy forwards; hopefully Buddle/Findley/Gomez will do well alongside Altidore. The US should beat Algeria & Slovenia to get out of the group stage. Thoughts?

May 29, 10 10:23 pm

They played well in the second half with some power. Turkey didn't have any stakes in the game and they were too relaxed. I am glad team USA gained some moral and steam before the games but I wouldn't undermine Algeria and Slovenia like that. Specially Slovenia, who knocked out the coach Hiddink's Russian team in a thrilling play off.

Buddle/Findley/Gomez/Altidore (add Donovan too) do look very promising when attacking. And if sparked, they can destroy England as well. But defense has many holes in it. And midfield... What midfield?

May 29, 10 11:06 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Looking forward to the Real World Game, not just another world series!

May 30, 10 9:59 pm  · 
 · 
J_AFlores

I think the yanks are not ready to face up the Britts.. specially with Rooney at top, and idk if Walcott made the team if he did, if he did watch out for the right wing cause that dude is fast!

May 31, 10 9:52 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: