Archinect
anchor

Working at UNStudio

fherr001

I just had an interview for a junior architect position at UNStudio. Is there anyone out there that can tell me a little bit about the salary range at this office for a person with 2yrs of experience? Any general advice/comments/observations of the office culture would be appreciated.

Apr 28, 14 2:37 pm
arkitex

I have two friends worked there as interns, and both of them LOVE it. Besides their design is very done, their way of organizing the firm is superior. They organize the entire firm in a architectural way, all their office stuff like meeting, HR, communication are visualized through diagram.  I rmb Ben once said UNStudio is not only designing buildings, but designing the firm too. 

Apr 28, 14 10:04 pm  · 
 · 
empea
Most likely they will offer you a salary according to the Dutch architects wage table, the CAO which intersects years of experience with "function". You can find this online if you read a little Dutch (and the numbers are universal of course). Don't know where you're coming from but don't be surprised if the pay seems low compared, cause it is compared to most places. Good luck.
Apr 29, 14 8:06 am  · 
 · 

Thanks arkitex! Empea, I know about the CAO but I haven't been able to find any tables specific to architects

Apr 29, 14 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
empea

You're in luck - I poked around and it turns out they now made one in English:

http://www.sfa-architecten.nl/uploads/2013/07/13-cao-engelsdef.pdf

This did not exist a few years back much to the confusion of every foreign worker in NL.

Apr 29, 14 4:20 pm  · 
 · 

Great! thanks a lot!

Apr 29, 14 4:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: