Archinect
anchor

MLA programs recommendations (Canada and US)

Young86

Hello,
I am a 3rd year undergraduate studetn, and I am interested in going for a MLA degree after my graduation.

I am Canadian (in Waterloo area) and I was told that when it comes to Landscape architecture, and you are thinking of working in Canada, it is a good idea to go for Canadian MLA.
Since US schools are, of course, very well-known; however, if there is no financial support available, I was told that it is actually better both financially and for job hunting after the graduation IF I am going to work in Canada. For example, since my home is around Kitchner-waterloo area, if I go to MLA in Guelph, I would have advantage over others since I am from the region. What do you think of this thoughts?

Also, do you guys know about the MLA in Guelph? Also, how competitve is it to get into a landscape architecture firm after a graduation in Canada? Do Canadian MLA support students financially? (Do Canadian MLA use students as TAs?)

And if anybody have a suggestion about choosing a MLA school in Canada (and US) please share your thoughts.

Thank you.

May 22, 10 1:12 am
Maxim3

Same questions as you. Did you find any answers? I am close to accepting my MLA offer at UofG.

Apr 25, 18 10:30 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: