Archinect
anchor

Eyjafjallajoekull !!

TED

Iceland did it again to EU/UK!

Having my Rotterdam flights canceled put me on a 10 hour bus journey to London - what a mess - and it's not looking good for the trip to us later this week - any stories to share?

.....a brave new world!

Apr 18, 10 12:35 pm

i was supposed to go to rome on friday...well no surprises what happened. half of my friends are stuck in milan trying to organise ways to get back to amsterdam before work tomorrow.
guess we might have to used to the idea of busese and trains again.

Apr 18, 10 1:00 pm  · 
 · 

i'm supposed to fly to amsterdam (on my way to rotterdam and maastricht) from philadelphia on may 2nd... this crap better be cleared up by then!

Apr 18, 10 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
poop876

ticket prices went down. Not sure if it's due to the ashes, but I'm kinda happy about it.

Apr 18, 10 8:51 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I cannot get enough of this volcano. Here are some of my favorite links about it:

How do you pronounce THAT WORD?!? From NPR:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2010/04/iceland_volcano_eyjafjallajoku.html

Why it's helping to reduce global carbon emissions:
http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/2010/planes-or-volcano/

Larry King, Bjork, and Richard Branson on SNL last night, LOL:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/18/snl-takes-on-the-ash-clou_n_541931.html

Apr 18, 10 9:09 pm  · 
 · 

dub::K - that information IS beautiful!

Apr 18, 10 9:30 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I know right! Go Volcano Eyja-whatever...

Apr 18, 10 11:25 pm  · 
 · 
Architecture_Charlatan
Appleseed

Stupid Acronym jacket has been stuck in Germany since Thurs. Fucking 35euro UPS express fee down the drain.

Apr 19, 10 4:02 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Hi Appleseed! :o)

Apr 19, 10 9:55 pm  · 
 · 
Appleseed

HI Dubz!

Apr 19, 10 10:01 pm  · 
 · 

God I love Iceland, and I love volcanoes - I'd love to be there now. I feel sad for the scared livestock, though. Poor furry horses.

Thanks for posting that gallery of gorgeous images, Arch-charlatan. That crazy little building tucked against the rock in 10 and 18 - wow. The architecture there is so tough.

Apr 19, 10 10:56 pm  · 
 · 
zen maker

Mother nature rules!

Apr 19, 10 11:00 pm  · 
 · 
PaulRevere

My parental units are stranded in Paris! Zootelo (damnit? in French? heard it said by the French Chef in the Little Mermaid)

THe lightning pics on weather.com are SOOO cool though!

Apr 20, 10 1:58 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

OMG the lightning pictures are amazing!!! I'm totally getting new wallpaper for my computer...

Apr 20, 10 2:54 am  · 
 · 
usernametaken

As much as it must suck to be stuck without any means to fly where you'd want to go, I cannot help but appreciating the fact that nature sometimes shows the lack of power that the "seemingly in control" people have...

Apr 20, 10 3:00 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: