Archinect
anchor

Yellow Trace Paper? Whats the dealio?

Down-tempo lounge...more like sloppy-but-cheerful scrounge in my case, but I enjoy the imagery, jeffe!

Jan 3, 11 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

I agree with jeffe, the buff just feels sketchier...and the best name i've ever heard for trace was "skinny". I still use it today.

Jan 3, 11 3:39 pm  · 
 · 
Canary Trace

Its obvious from my screen name where I stand on this one! Choice of color was a big deal in school (consistently called 'bumwad') We had an Ivy league prof that liked to call them filter No.1 and filter No.2. White was "No.1" and canary was "No.2". It always made me chuckle because that's the only way my mom would ever refer to lower body evacuations...

Jan 3, 11 4:08 pm  · 
 · 
oe

They come in a lot of colors, I tend to scout on the warmer/creamier side just cause that sharp yellow looks skanky to me for some reason, a little bit more red looks better with the earthier prismas. And ditto on mixing in white^, having the ability to push depth both forward and backward off the negative space really grounds things in a nice way.

And is scanning really that big a deal? Either way youve gotta mess with levels and saturation.

I was an obstinate little bastard when it came to profs telling me what to do, telling me youre not going to talk to me unless Im on yellow trace is a sure fire way to watch me spend a semester on brown charcoal paper. But I take Stevens point, theres definitely a logic to collective constraints.

Jan 3, 11 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
headyshreddy

sorry steven...famous is the wrong word...there is something to be said about his exhibition of yellow trace drawings...even though the buildings are up for debate...

Jan 3, 11 7:06 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Yellow Canary Paper gives you middle ground. It is something which the eye likes....thus It always looks better when done in yellow.

Same holds for those old brown line ozlid prints.

just my thoughts. Never had the need to use it as toilet paper..but something tells me...it would not work to well.....yEWWWIE!

Jan 3, 11 8:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: