Archinect
anchor

Phillipe Starck is Evil / Design for Life -- BBC Reality Show...

architorture

Hello all...
I had a friend suggest that I find and watch this show, but can not seem to access it -- I live in the US and am trying to find it through various online websites to no avail. I was told the name of the show was Phillipe Starck is Evil...but that doesn't seem to be coming up at all.
Even BBC website will not let me watch full episodes...

suggestions on a site i might be missing??
has anyone else seen or heard of this show??
is it worth all this hassle to watch another design reality show??

was told it's the bees knees....

let me know your thoughts archinect... =)

Mar 22, 10 1:26 pm
strlt_typ
http://vimeo.com/6604817
Mar 22, 10 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

new design for a coffin!

Mar 22, 10 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
architorture

thanks strlt

Mar 22, 10 4:18 pm  · 
 · 

unless they bring some hard sex into the show, it is very boring!

Mar 22, 10 4:19 pm  · 
 · 
zoolander

Watch most of the episodes when it first came out.

Phillipe Starke actually comes across fairly well, the typical eccentric designer in laid back clothes and retro scooter, etc. A bit of a cliche.

Anyway the most shocking thing about the show was the absolute lack of talent from the people chosen from 'thousands' to appear on it.

One person was head and shoulders above the rest, easily the best and very talented. He was so gd he made the others look like fools, arty farty fools. Yet he got voted off very early on, probably to create some sort of competition.

After that the remaining idiots reminded me of people i met in art college, all talk and no talent.

Of course the hot girl stunner in indie clothing won, yawn.

It came across that the design came is all about selling yourself and your image, not your talent and ideas.

Mar 23, 10 7:22 am  · 
 · 
zoolander

Another thing, they surprised them with a life drawing class. The results were shocking.

So of them hardly knew what way up to hold a pencil. As you might guess, the result were very 'abstrat' (read i cant draw, i'll squiggle a few lines instead and talk sum rubbish to justify my 'vision'.

Mar 23, 10 7:49 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: