Archinect
anchor

"Villa Libeskind"

BlueMoon

I woke up today to receive a fresh news letter from Architectural Record, with "Villa Libeskind" in the head line. Oxymoronic title served the purpose and I wondered to the article to find out that pre-fab "Libeskind Style" intimate one-family dwelling of 5,500 sf will cost about 3.5 million and will take 5 months to assemble.

Well... I could live with that, but "sustainability" as a central point of design thing really made revolt

http://archrecord.construction.com/news/daily/archives/2010/100316libeskind.asp

And then I thought that maybe it's just me who despise any signs of megalomaniacal ambitions and there is absolutely nothing wrong with "Villa Libeskind" "Libeskind Style" ???

Mar 17, 10 12:29 pm
won and done williams
Mar 17, 10 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

I was "lucky" enough to have DL as a studio instructor one time --well, him plus his sycophantic minion. Each studio session --when he was present and not jetting here and there-- consisted of (at least) three hours of him talking.

Oh, and we watched some very cool films he suggested. I liked the films.

Mar 17, 10 12:43 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

JAF, I just about spit out my coffee I laughed so hard at your "tribute."

Well-played!

Mar 17, 10 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
3west

Citizen-- what films did he suggest to watch?

Mar 17, 10 7:51 pm  · 
 · 
fays.panda

its easy to suggest things. I always suggest people read this and that, watch this and that, but I find that I myself have no idea whatsoever what I'm saying, but it makes people think I do. fun.

Mar 18, 10 11:12 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Daniel?

Mar 19, 10 1:51 am  · 
 · 
3west

"Oh, and we watched some very cool films he suggested. I liked the films."

I assumed you were talking about Daniel...

Mar 19, 10 3:33 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Films that I recall:

Red Desert
Metropolis
Battleship Potemkin
Stalker
Alphaville
Akira

... and several others whose titles I can't recall for the life of me. This was fifteen years ago.

Mar 19, 10 3:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: