Archinect
anchor

MP3 players

bussa

Looking to by a high capacity (+4gb) mp3 player. Any suggestions?

Oct 30, 04 6:28 pm
nicomachean

iPod, 40 gig, splurge, treat yourself right, you deserve it

Oct 30, 04 9:25 pm  · 
 · 
bussa

typo...what i meant was "BUY"

Oct 30, 04 10:12 pm  · 
 · 
Josh Russell

I have a 20gig 4th generation iPod. I love it. My friend has an iRiver-120 and he is jealous of my iPod (named Emilio).

Oct 30, 04 11:15 pm  · 
 · 
archconnect

I also have a 20gig 4th gen Ipod...working out great.

On a side note, apple just released a 60G ipod "Iphoto". It has a color screen, 15 hours of playback, store photos and play photos back ala slideshow on a TV screen (this seems like a huge gimmick).

Anyway just giving you a heads up.

Oct 31, 04 2:55 am  · 
 · 
French

Get an ipod, and if you still want to buy something else just don't buy the phillips hdd 120. I got one and it sucks.

Oct 31, 04 9:40 am  · 
 · 
youngTOMcruise

I have a 15 gig I-pod and there is nothing better in the whole world sometimes archiitecture kids just have to splurge and treat themselves nice

Oct 31, 04 11:58 am  · 
 · 
stainB

ipod rules.
other than using it as a music player, it's my portable hd, contact list, email memo, calender, alarm etc

Oct 31, 04 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
labia

An architect without an iPod must be a Republican.

Oct 31, 04 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

ipod all the way
i did lot of research and bought-and-returned lots of shit (like the iriver, creative zen etc) before i went for the 20gig 4gen ipod
it rocks - go for it !!!

Oct 31, 04 8:59 pm  · 
 · 
A

I have both an ipod and an iriver flash mp3 player. Agreed that the ipod is great but the flash iriver player has it's places - i.e. much better for use at the gym. So, when you see me with that iriver are you going to kick me???

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=548&u=/ap/20041030/ap_on_el_ge/politics_student_kicked_1&printer=1

Oct 31, 04 11:01 pm  · 
 · 
Jordan Lloyd

iPod. Where else could you store the 2 dozen odd Motorhead albums on one mp3 player?

Nov 1, 04 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
Jordan Lloyd

iPod. Where else could you store the 2 dozen odd Motorhead albums on one mp3 player?

Nov 1, 04 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
Giglioroninomicon

I highly recommend the Nomad Zen Xtra. Cheaper than the Ipod, and though I haven't actually owned one, after using the Ipod for a while I don't think it's as good as the Nomad. It's something about the wheel that annoys me, then again you may just need to get used to it.

Nov 1, 04 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

you kids and you Dan Folgalberg...you need sufficient space on your MP3 player to hold the entire catalog of Bert Backerack...so go with the ipod, if you buy it online you can get "I have a crush on Neil Diamond" engraved on the back...

Dan Folgalberg...he never gets the respect he deserves

Nov 1, 04 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

the zen extra is a piece of shit...and combine it with the stupid creative jukebox software and youve got the dirtiest combination in the whole world

Nov 1, 04 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
Giglioroninomicon

first of all, the software on the Nomad is fan-fucking-tastic and has never given me any problems. second, those that buy ipods because they're trendy and expensive are morons. third, not everybody has money to toss around, buying shit until they find the product that makes them feel unique or creative or whatever. the nomad is practical and inexpensive.

go Zen Xtra

Nov 1, 04 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

i say f dem Ipods.......well they are well made, but this trendy shit gets on my nerves. I say go I-RIVER. Just picked up the new I320, which has a color screen, it's 20GB, and not much more than your standard 20GB Ipod. Did I tell you it's got a color screen? And it also does the "slide show" that the new gimicky "I-photo" is supposed to have (notice how Apple pushes that stuff onto the market right around the holidays) and makes big hoopla about it. Whilst I_River quietly comtinues making some quality products without all the hoopla.

Anyways, my money is on the I-River and so far it's been good to me. + NO software (that's right kids, no software needed if you are running windows XP, just plug and play) The interface is nice.

In addition the 320 has a nice carbon fiber "look" to it. Pretty flashy and good for the gym as stated before.

i had the IRiver 120, but upgraded to this one just last week.

Check it out y'all.....
http://www.iriveramerica.com/products/H320.aspx

Peace.

Nov 1, 04 7:15 pm  · 
 · 
stainB

iPod Photo
"why should your ears have all the fun?"

worst apple ad don't u agree?

Nov 1, 04 10:11 pm  · 
 · 
stainB

ipoders :: anyone know if it'll cause hardware/software damage if i unplug when the screen says "do not disconnnect"?

Nov 1, 04 10:44 pm  · 
 · 
zepplin100

get the iPod dude

stainB - if you unplug you may corrupt data (aka some songs won't play, or worst case scenario you'll have to re-format the drive). It shouldn't cause hardware damage

Nov 2, 04 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

I've got the Zen Xtra. I've been happy with it. Software is good enough, battery life is good, sound quality is good. It's a little bigger, but it sits on my desk or on my belt, so who cares. I bought the 30 GB with 3 year service plan for $20 less than the 15 GB iPod. iPods are hella sexy, but when Uncle Sam is paying, that $20 is like $98238 when I finally pay it off in 30 years.

Nov 2, 04 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

squirelly

the moodlogic service gets on my nerves..the tech support is the worst ever

i river is for geeks...ithought i was one, but i could not deal with it

the ipod is so simple to use - yes i agree with the trendy yuppie hype associated with it sucks ass, but then you just ought to not flaunt it too much!!!

Nov 2, 04 5:13 pm  · 
 · 
stainB

check out http://www.ipodlounge.com/.

my ipod is always in the case and i don't use those white earphones.

Nov 2, 04 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
zepplin100

forgot to add this ... if you are a student, Apple will take $30 off the price (online or Apple Store). Apple is really good with their educational pricing on all of their products, you just gotta ask for it. If you are a student, be sure to take advantage of it if you choose the iPod.

Nov 2, 04 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

true...Sameoldoc....but the new H320 is a little better that it's predecesors....so, so far so good.

Im not complaining, but it's kinda flashy, if you are into trendyness....I say be different!

Nov 2, 04 7:14 pm  · 
 · 
archconnect

I do not care if the ipod is seen as a trend or fashion accessory...i'd rather it not be that way..

But the thing is, is that the ipod functions perfectly. It just works. That's why i bought it.

Nov 3, 04 3:05 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: