Archinect
anchor

looking for a precedent... i need some help!

treebeard

i am looking for a building precedent for a museum that uses circulation as an extension of the exhibit... i know that sounds like a no-brainer, but i'm having a hard time thinking of more contemporary projects. the guggenheim seems like an obvious one, but i want to look at something else.

the museum i'm designing this semester has separate gallery spaces. the path of circulation that connects those larger spaces will also contain part of the collection. the exhibit doesn't stop even though you've stepped out of the larger spaces, it's like the gallery just turns into a hallway until you are connected to the next larger gallery space.

i hope that makes sense... if anyone knows of a good project that features something similar, i'd be forever grateful!

Mar 7, 10 3:50 pm
LML

siza!

Mar 7, 10 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
treebeard

aha! the Iberê Camargo Museum in brazil is perfect! thanks for the hint!

Mar 7, 10 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
treebeard

when i first saw your post the picture didn't load. so after i searched on his museums, that one seemed perfect. that's funny, we even picked the same image.

Mar 7, 10 5:24 pm  · 
 · 
LML

cheers

Mar 7, 10 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

You might also want to consider the Telmar Cultural Centre (Telephone Museum) in Rio de Janerio by Marco Millazzo and Associates.

Mar 7, 10 7:20 pm  · 
 · 
chicagoski

Libeskind's Museum of Jewish History in Berlin - the entire building can be thought of as circulation. There's also Preston Scott Cohen's Tel Aviv Museum of Art, though that's more arguable.

Mar 8, 10 10:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: