Archinect
anchor

Philly

paranoid

Curious as to how things are going in Philly these days. After a few months of cobbling together a living with renovations/additions in my current locale, would like to get back to full-time work (not alone, I know). Thinking about relocating and have always had a soft spot for the City of Brotherly Love.

Anyone care to post a report from the ground there?

Mar 3, 10 2:19 pm

i think things are just starting to turn around there. Burt Hill just started hiring. i had heard they cut atleast half to 2/3rds of the firm after the recession hit. i think Francis Cauffman is hiring too. there are still tons of people out of work and tons of firms only working 4 day weeks. everyone seems to be looking to make moves to more stable firms. it seems like the only thing that is moving is healthcare work

Mar 3, 10 10:44 pm  · 
 · 
marmkid

yeah it does seem like we are still struggling a bit, but no longer at rock bottom.

I thankfully only spent a little time out of work, but have been mainly been working full time, so i dont know what the job market is like. I do know a lot still are working 4 day weeks and at a % of their salaries (as surfcity just said)

Mar 4, 10 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
leeben

I wonder if KieranTimberlake's recent win for the US Embassy will fuel more jobs?

Mar 5, 10 3:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: