Archinect
anchor

What do you suggest?

I'm a student in interior design an the University of Cincinnati, and I am unsure if I want to stick with it. I may change over to architecture. Would it be more beneficial for me to get a B.Arch and a M.Arch or a B.Interior and a M.Arch. At the moment, I am thinking about the latter. By the way I am also on my way to a certificate in historical preservation.

Feb 26, 10 10:23 am
drums please, Fab?

i agree - finish up the interior degree then go for the mArch. unless you just started the interior program in which case it may make sense to turn to the dark side right now.

how far along are you with your b.interior?

Feb 26, 10 11:14 am  · 
 · 
MWash

I transfered into it, so I'm still in my first year.

Feb 26, 10 11:21 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

As many have posted elsewhere when this topic comes up: which track will leave you with the least debt upon graduation? That's the route to take.

Feb 26, 10 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

What is your goal?

Feb 26, 10 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
quizzical

As Strawbeary suggests, your decision should rest soundly on the objectives you've set with respect to your education. However, I would recomment that you consider the following as well.

As a graduate architect, you are in no way precluded from pursuing ID as a preferred career path. I know many graduate architects, including licensed architects, who spend all of their time (happily) practicing as interior designers.

Conversely, as a graduate interior designer, it is very difficult, if not impossible, to obtain a license to practice architecture.

Feb 26, 10 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
maya mcdifference

How about B.S. Arch - a 4 year degree? That wasn't one of your listed options. Then you can probably do a two year M. Arch if you decide you really want to continue..

If you're good then you can probably get a great scholarship to get the Master's.

Mar 1, 10 8:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: