What would you build with 5000 bricks?

Oct 29, 04 3:06 am
A

Are they Belden bricks?

Oct 29, 04 9:03 am  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Hi

Make some few calculations in Lisp, calculate how many bricks a wall in Revit will eject , ------ do your design in Revit or AutoCAD make the calculations after you placed a surface of bricks on the solids you use, then you will find out when the 8000 are used.

Oct 29, 04 10:30 am  · 
 · 
Per Corell

P.s.

But please take my advise ; do not draw one brick in any CAD program and try build with that, --- been there tried that ;))

Oct 29, 04 10:32 am  · 
 · 
Pimp Minister Pete Nice

Fascinating

Oct 29, 04 10:36 am  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

first, you must ask the brick what it wants to be, how does it want to be placed...then you will find the truth in the material...

Oct 29, 04 11:57 am  · 
 · 
A
Oct 29, 04 3:59 pm  · 
 · 
Medit

I would try to do several replicas of Aalto's Muuratsalo house...

Oct 29, 04 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
Medit

umm.. well this house!

Oct 29, 04 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Well well well , then emagine what just a single arc would make

Oct 29, 04 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
BOTS

What would you build with 5000 bricks?

several small exemplar barbecues to kick off my own non-portable do it yourself barbecue shop.

just sell the bricks with some construction notes.

Top tip - include the sale of mortar as an extra.

Nov 2, 04 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
THREADS

not much with 5,000....I had to hand draft 30,000 bricks once...it took 60 hours!...brick floor and brick walls...flemish bond...ug!...and it was for a tiny brick room...about 600 sq ft.

Nov 2, 04 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
THREADS

if you say you love mies than fine...but most people didn't have to study under his iron fist.

Nov 2, 04 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

my friend ali acerol built the whole world with a lot less bricks.

Mar 30, 05 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
honorthebrick

Honor each and everyone of them.

Mar 30, 05 9:51 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

throw them through 5000 windows. obviously.

Mar 30, 05 10:10 pm  · 
 · 
antipod

Xmas is only 9 months away....

Mar 31, 05 7:36 am  · 
 · 
Nell Lime

A Dog Palace?

Mar 31, 05 9:22 am  · 
 · 

building on what agfa8x said:

write instructions with directions on how to properly plan the trajectory for and then launch a brick through a window. make 5000 copies, and attach to corresponding bricks. leave bricks throughout a urban place.

take pride in the resulting vandalism!

Mar 31, 05 9:45 am  · 
 · 
Dazed and Confused

Pathway to wonderland?

Mar 31, 05 4:12 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

pixel, that's criminal genius. i was just being a yob, but you've invented archi-crime.

Mar 31, 05 5:15 pm  · 
 · 

at one point last year, northeastern university was putting down new brick paving in front of one of their buildings. they would leave the pallets of bricks out on the sidewalk on Huntington Avenue. the pallets had little signs from the manufacturer that said "the original boston city hall paver" or something like that. I was going to replace the signs with the above mentioned instructions, but by the time I finally got around to doing it they had already finished the paving. now the idea sits in the back of my head waiting for the proper opportunity!

Mar 31, 05 5:47 pm  · 
 · 
Loafeto

Shit house, fire pit or surfboard.....what ever floats your boat.

Mar 31, 05 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
lizok

an igloo

there is no snow in Berkeley, so might as well make it out of bricks!

Mar 31, 05 6:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: