Archinect
anchor

ultra compact digital cameras?

LostInSpace

What are your favorite digital cameras? I'm thinking of buying but i can't decide between the portability of an ultra compact or the quality images of a digital SLR. Canon? Sony? Nikon? What do you people think?

Oct 28, 04 10:05 pm
Josh Russell

i have a Canon s410 and i enjoy it very much. another compact to look at would be the HP r707. don't know much about digital SLRs.

Oct 28, 04 10:17 pm  · 
 · 
threshold

I have a Casio EXILM (the credit card sized camera) and it is great at being portable, but I have almost given up on it for shooting anything other than casual shots. The viewfinder is not even close to the resulting image field and the LCD is not too much better. Colors are muted and there are considerable jpeg artifacts.

Currently I'm saving my quarters for a digital SLR.

Oct 28, 04 10:38 pm  · 
 · 
Kai

I have a canon digital rebel SLR and I love it, but the new high end compacts, not the super super small ones, are better in my opinion, providing more megapixels (8-9 instead of around 6) and also you don't need to change lens (or can't) the lenses are top quality in the 8 megapixel compacts, each major company offers a model. they are both around $1,000

Oct 28, 04 10:52 pm  · 
 · 
JAG

I'm happy with my cannon S-400...

It's a little wide, but still very smal, especially considering the quality. One thing I like about it is how heavy it is. It feels solid, and it's heavy enough to remind you it's in your pocket.

Oct 30, 04 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
JAG

The best thing about a small camera, is that you can take it with you wherever you go, which I do, so you never have to complain about missing a great photo op.

Oct 30, 04 4:43 pm  · 
 · 
anti

I have the sony F828 (black 8 megapixel). It provides great shots and was worth the cost (1000 roughly). I bought it to replace the dilemma I previously had between taking my Film SLR or my small digital sony with on trips.

That said, it is quite heavy and I really don't carry it as much as I would like. I am planning a longer trip this winter and I am planning on buying a small digital and leaving the F828 at home.

Nov 1, 04 12:43 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: