Archinect
anchor

edible rice paper

allSTAR

any idea how to print (text) on rice paper? is it possible to use the inkjet or a regular konica laser printer?
thanks

Feb 10, 10 2:18 pm
mr_minnesota

you can do anything if you put your mind to it....

i say.... put the sheet of rice over a regular copy sheet.. like tape it at corner or edges slightly... and then use thin line weights (or a thin font/text/type)

and print.....

experiment...

Feb 10, 10 8:18 pm  · 
 · 

i use to love eating that stuff as a kid.

Feb 10, 10 8:26 pm  · 
 · 
a mouse

you could screen print with edible ink if you only had a few to do.

how big a run do you want?

Feb 10, 10 8:41 pm  · 
 · 
halfwindsor

I've seen this done before on an inkjet printer. As nerdy says, use a regular piece of paper underneath the rice paper so it feeds correctly. I would be careful experimenting with a laser printer though because the heat from the printing process might melt/tear the rice paper and jam the printer.

Feb 10, 10 9:18 pm  · 
 · 
allSTAR

i have about 10 pages to print. screen print is proving too expense. i think inkjet might be the best option in this case then.

thanks for the suggestions folks.

before beginning my experiments, i like to learn from other peoples' experiments.

Feb 11, 10 12:23 am  · 
 · 
randomized

does the final product have to be edible or you just like the texture of the edible rice paper because normal printer ink is toxic.

Feb 11, 10 5:21 am  · 
 · 
allSTAR

ideally i would like it to be edible. so i can do a live demonstration. but thats adding a new layer of constraints (which is not entirely necessary for this project). if i can first get text to print on the paper, then i may try going for edible ink.
but thanks for the tip

Feb 11, 10 9:32 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: